Alpinestars Patron Gore-Tex Glove
Featuring the advanced GORE GRIP construction technology from GORE-TEX® for superior weather proofing the Patron Glove offers excellent tactility and dexterity on the bike’s controls. Featuring an anatomical multi-panel design with reinforcements and stretch inserts for durability, comfort and freedom of movement.
- Multi-panel full premium leather glove that is anatomically engineered for improved fit and comfort.
- PU-coated reinforcements on palm and thumb provides superior grip on bike’s controls.
- Alpinestars’ newly developed soft viscoelastic PU foam compound knuckle guard which is ergonomically profiled for performance, comfort and impact absorption. Knuckle is covered for durability.
- Alpinestars developed ergonomic stretch insert between thumb and palm offers flexibility to vastly improve hand movement.
- Synthetic suede reinforcements with foam padding on the palm and outer hand landing zone to provide abrasion resistance on key impact zones.
- Long cuff with hook and loop closure adjustable strap on cuff and wrist.
- Silicon embossed on cuff for better grip to help closure.
- Reflective print to increase rider visibility.
- Touch screen compatible fingertips for use with smart devices.
- Convenient integrated visor wipe for cleaning eyewear/visor.
- Waterproof and breathable membrane from GORE GRIP Technology from GORE-TEX®, which features a special layered construction promoting optimum tactility and better dexterity for improved grip.
- Stretch accordion inserts on finger and backhand to increase flexibility and fit.
- Alpinestars patented third and fourth finger-bridge to prevents contortion and separation of the fingers in the event of impact slide.
- Ergonomically profiled TPU palm slider protection on palm for strategic protection.
- PATRON GORE-TEX® PLUS GORE- GRIP TECHNOLOGY GLOVE is CE certified level 1.
Check out these similar products:
The fit of Alpinestars gloves are very consistent from one model to the next. And overall, they fit a bit small as compared to other brands we carry such as FirstGear, Tour Master, etc. It’s not enough to recommend that you buy a larger size (especially if a snug fit is preferred) but it is noticeable enough to say that if you are sometimes between sizes, then you should probably choose the larger of the two. Hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
This new Alpinestars Patron Gore-Tex glove is currently the best (and most expensive) Alpinestars waterproof glove we offer. This glove definitely has a sport vibe with features you’ll find on race gloves, but with a GoreTex liner for wet weather. These gloves would be great for those doing sport riding, but sometimes in the rain.
The race features I see on this glove is a substantial molded knuckle protector. It isn’t a shiny hard plastic unit, but rather a molded, softer material and it is installed under the leather used on the rest of the glove. So the look doesn’t scream sport bike, but it does offer similar to protection to sport/race gloves. I also see a palm slider which is often found on race gloves. Its a hard plastic protector found in the heel of the hand which protects from abrasion but also promotes sliding rather than “catching” like simple leather would. The idea is to reduce injuries from wrenching of the hand and wrist upon impact. The pinkie and second fingers have Alpinestar’s patented “bridge” which tie the two together so the ring finger can add some rigidity to the pinkie, it being the most prone to injury in a crash.
Other, more common features of the glove is an adjustable cuff so you can tuck the cuff under and sleeve or over, depending upon the design of your jacket. I also see shield wipers, one for each index finger which is a handy thing in the winter and/or wet conditions. And also for convenience, the thumb and forefinger on both gloves have touch sensitive material so you can operate your devices.
Overall, a super nice glove and with the unique combination of sport/race protection features, convenience features for street riding and commuting and the bulletproof waterproofing of Gore-Tex. :: Paul, 10-12-17