Alpinestars SMX-6 v2 Gore-Tex Boots
With evolved front and rear accordion flex inserts, the SMX-6 V2 GORE-TEX® is a waterproof and breathable performance boot for track and street. Anatomically profiled and packed with innovative features, this CE certified boot incorporates the latest in footwear design and development with every component carefully chosen for a crucial performance edge and keep you on the track for longer.
- Newly designed boot upper incorporates innovative front, rear bellow and rear calf zones for superior levels of flexibility.
- Main upper material constructed from advanced microfiber for durability and abrasion resistance, plus a waterproof and highly breathable GORE-TEX® liner for excellent all-weather performance.
- Ergonomic new last for forefoot streamlining to enable greater control of the bike’s controls and for superior, wide-ranging foot profile, fit and comfort.
- Alpinestars’ innovative TPU lateral ankle brace protection provides a biomechanical support between lateral top calf/shin and ankle and offers improved structural integrity, protection against impact shocks, repeated abrasion resistance and flex support.
- Alpinestars’ new and exclusive compound rubber sole promotes improved feel and grip, water dispersion and durability.
- Air vents on the heel counter and shin plate improves cooling comfort on short and long rides.
- High modulus TPU injected shin guard, calf protector, heel counter, shift pad and toe slider for improved shock protection and durability.
- Double density ankle protector on medial side layered under the upper offers protective performance in key area.
- Innovative instep and Achilles accordion flex zone construction for superior comfort, extension, control and support.
- Internal insole with the shank reinforcement integrated for support to the arch area and foot protection.
- Medial side entry opening/closure system features elastic-mounted zipper with wide velcro closure for flexibility and secure fit. The aperture opening is large to promote easier entry/exit.
- Internal toe box protection is layered under the upper for durability, improved feel and performance.
- New, dual compound removable anatomic footbed includes EVA and Lycra for performance, comfort and support.
- The SMX-6 V2 GORE-TEX® Boot is CE certified.
Read on for more details.
You can use the chart below to choose a boot and we think the chart is representative of the US shoe conversion. If you’ve determined your size in past Alpinestars sport boots, you’d be safe in choosing the same size as this brand runs pretty consistent from one model to the next (sometimes street and waterproof boots are not consistent however). I’d consider the width of the men’s sizes to be normal to slightly wide (D or E). I’ve always found this style boot easy to fit because the foot has a nice wide toe which is comfortable. Calf size is somewhat adjustable with the closure Velcro.
|Euro||Men’s US||Women’s US|
Our Two Cents
This new SMX-6 v2 Gore-Tex boot is identical to the non-Gore-Tex version so here is our review of those – ... “a great boot for sport riders and for amateur racing. The boot has the basic racing protective features that will satisfy all but the hard core racers, and the boot is wrapped in a package that is practical for street use.
These boots incorporate a lot of flex zones on the front and back of the ankle, so these boots will break in and give some flexibility for walking. They do have a hinged “stiffener” on the side of the ankle to give support in case of a fall to help prevent you from wrenching your ankle to the side. That stiffener is on the outside of the ankle and doubles for impact protection. Hidden on the inside of the ankle by the main zipper is another impact protector so both sides are covered. You’ll also notice, the sole is low profile and the shape of the boot around the ankle is sort of rounded with a smallish heel base. The rounded shape is to promote sliding in a crash rather than the heel grabbing the pavement. A squared off heel area would be more likely to grab and then creating a wrenching effect. It is sort of the same idea as gloves that have palm sliders…. promote sliding rather than grabbing.
The boots also have a hefty protector for the shin, and the toe and heel areas are well reinforced. Like all other race boots of this type, the boots have an inside zip with a Velcro close cover over the zipper. The inside of the boots is lined with a cushy breathable material that is long wearing. :: Paul, 03-13-17”