Alpinestars Tech Series Back Protector
- Use with suits or jackets that do not have back protection or as an upgrade to a jacket with a dual density foam armor back pad
- Cross Torsion Linkage (patented) shock absorber system
- Flexible central linkage adapts and moves with the body
- Expanded polymer foam for impact speed reduction
- Dual-density foam for low impact loads
- Comfortable and soft fabric liner
- CE certified blade and waist extensions for improved protection
- Perforations to keep you cool and comfortable
Check out these similar products:
Three sizes are available. The medium would work well for use under a jacket where the large would work well for use with a suit. The large is 26” overall, the medium is 23”, and the small is 21” in overall length. The pictures are shown on a 6’ male weighing 220 pounds (just to give you the idea of size).
Our Two Cents
We’ve seen a lot of different back protectors through our shop in the last couple years, but I can say with confidence that this model is the best I’ve seen yet. It gives better coverage, is more compact and more comfortable than other models. The parts that make up the plastic armor shell are interlinked in such a way that they allow freedom of movement while bending, but also while leaning side to side. And the natural shape of the back protector is very much like your spine (a very shallow “S” shape” when viewed from the side. The waist belt is comfortable and highly adjustable (anywhere from very skinny to pretty darn big). The shoulder straps are cleverly designed also, they can be tightened or loosened when the back protector is on your body by re-positioning the straps that come under your arms. Kudos to the team who designed this one for sure.