FirstGear Kathmandu Boot (12 Only)
- High wear resistant, waterproof and durable synthetic action leather upper
- 100% waterproof membrane for all-weather performance
- Injection-molded front plate
- Breathable mesh inner liner
- Built-in protective shin plate with reinforced ankle, toe and heel
- Rubber gear shift protector
- Ankle flex zone for increased range of motion
- Anti-slip rubber outsole
- Buckle closure for easy entry
- Hook-and-loop closure strap to secure fit
- Reflective inserts for night-time visibility
- Removable EVA footbed
- C.E. EN 13634:2017-rated protection
FirstGear sells these boots in US sizes. In trying them on, we found the boots to run true to the stated size. We therefore recommend that you buy the size you normally wear in men’s street shoes. If you are sometimes between sizes, I’d recommend choosing the larger.
The width of these boots is “medium”, perhaps a C or D width.
In case you already have experience in fitting FirstGear boots, this model, which is new in 2021, fits more “normally” than FirstGear boots from previous years. The older styles ran about one size small as compared to their stated size.
Our Two Cents
The FirstGear Kathmandu Boots are a new adventure style boot.
The Kathmandu is a waterproof boot built for adventure riders. The boot has 3 closure buckles that are adjustable for a custom fit. The toe, heel, and ankles are reinforced as you would expect for a motorcycle boot, but the sole is just a thick rubber outsole, there is no reinforced shank so you are just depending on that thick rubber to do the trick on the pegs or in a crash.
The boots are pretty comfy and have a removable EVA style insole. I’d say these boots will work well for the entry level adventure rider who doesn’t spend too much time standing on the pegs and is looking for a budget conscious option. :: Mike, 03/04/2022