Cortech Super-Sonic WP Gloves
- Wind and water-resistant stretch softshell top hand design.
- Accordion paneling across fingers and thumbs.
- Carbon fiber knuckle protector with TPR protectors on fingers.
- Stretch softshell fourchettes.
- HiPora® 3-layer waterproof and breathable inner lining.
- 50g of PrimaLoft® and 50g ThinsulateTM top hand insulation.
- Abrasion-resistant goatskin leather palm.
- Synthetic leather overlays on the palm, outer pinky, and wrist.
- TPU heel slider on the palm.
- Light foam padding on outside wrist.
- Neoprene cuff with a hook and loop closure.
- Touchscreen compatible index finger and thumbs.
- Soft polyester tricot lining.
These gloves are consistent with the major brands we’ve carried—Tour Master, Joe Rocket, Olympia, etc, so hopefully, you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
The new Cortech Super-Sonic WP Gloves are an insulated short cuff style.
These gloves have a water resistant outer shell with a HiPora® 3-layer waterproof and breathable inner lining that will be sure to keep you dry. Add that to the 50g of PrimaLoft® and 50g ThinsulateTM top hand insulation and you’ve got a short cuff glove for cool to cold weather.
The knuckle features a carbon fiber protector and there are TPR protectors on the fingers. The thumb and pinky have additional overlays for abrasion resistance. The palm is goatskin leather with a very soft feel to it that has synthetic leather overlays in key areas. A hook and loop cuff closure allows you to adjust the fit and keep the gloves secure on your hand. The index finger and thumb have touchscreen material on them but it only works on Android devices here at the shop. That usually means it works on GPS and other devices as well, but Apple is a no go with these gloves as it doesn’t even register the touch let alone respond to attempts to swipe or type.
These gloves are a good option for the rider who wants a cool weather glove with a short cuff. With 50g of insulation, these aren’t going to get you into extreme temps, but they’ll keep your hands warm on a cold morning. :: Mike, 12-28-21