Alpinestars Stella T-Kira Waterproof Jacket For Women
- Removable thermal liner for versatility.
- Fixed waterproof membrane for weather protection.
- Waterproof inner front pocket for peace-of-mind storage.
- Waist connection zipper allows attachment to Alpinestars riding pants.
- Designed for an optimized woman’s fit
- Multi-fabric shell construction with abrasion resistant material on exposed areas.
- Waist adjustment for an improved riding fit.
- Two zippered hand pockets for real-world practicality.
- Zippered air intake vents are strategically positioned for optimized airflow when opened.
- Low profile collar construction with 3D textured comfort fabric on inner collar lining.
- Pre-curved sleeve construction reduces fatigue.
- Reflective details to make the rider more visible to other road users.
- Multiple snap button system to integrate the Level 2 CE-certified Alpinestars Nucleon back protector
- Level 1 CE-certified Bio Armor shoulder and elbow protectors.
- Fully CE-certified riding garment to CE – Category II prEN17092 draft standards – A class.
- Chest compartments are designed to accommodate the Alpinestars Level 1 CE-certified Nucleon chest inserts, available as an accessory upgrade.
- Back compartment is designed to accommodate the Alpinestars Level 2 CE-certified Nucleon back insert, available as an accessory upgrade.
Read on for more details.
Please use Alpinestars sizing chart for women to choose a size that best matches up with your measurements.
For reference, our studio photos were taken with a size Small jacket on on our Fit Check mannequin Laverne. Laverne is a standard dress size 6.
About sizing when accessory armor is used: I’d recommend you add 1” to your bust and waist measurements when adding any of the back protector choices. if you plan on adding the chest pads add another 1”.
Our Two Cents
New for 2019, the Stella T-Kira Waterproof Jacket For women is a textile style equipped with a full waterproof liner and a removable thermal liner. It has a lot of armor options to give excellent protection.
The Stella T-Kira Waterproof jacket has a trim feminine cut that is simple but sharp. The jacket is a solid textile material that will protective and practical too. It is equipped with a fixed waterproof liner which is between the outer shell and inner lining. The fixed liner will very very effective to keep water out, and there are a couple shoulder zippers in front to admit a bit of air, but the venting doesn’t pass all the way through the liner to your skin. With the vents open, I think you can achieve comfort in milder weather, but not hot weather. But this jacket does come with a removable full thermal liner which feel nice and should give lots of warmth for colder weather. So this jacket will shine in spring, fall, and winter months, and will even cover wet conditions as well. But in the hot summer months, it will be cooker.
The standard Alpinestars armor setup, like this jacket has, is quite robust. Firstly, you get CE-certified level 1 Bio Air shoulders and elbow protectors. For adding a back protector, there are three main options (see below). If you click through to those back protectors, I’ve included a discussion with each to help you choose. For a street-weight textile jacket like this, I’d steer you to the KR-Celli or maybe the KR-2i because those are less bulky and lighter. You can also add chest armor in the jacket. One simple choice is available so click the link below. One of the KR back protectors in the jacket and the chest protectors, along with the standard elbows and shoulder armor inserts would give you great overall coverage.
A full around zipper is included to attache to Alpinestars pants. I also see large strips of reflective material on the sleeve for night time visibility. A waterproof pocket is included just inside the main zipper for your phone or other valuables. There are other patch pockets inside and two zip-close hand warmer pockets in front. This is a really nice jacket for street/sport use. :: Paul, 05-08-19
Alpinestars says: Designed specifically for the female form, the Stella T-Kira is a waterproof textile jacket which boasts a clean, sporty cut. The jacket has a waterproof membrane, a removable thermal liner and zipped vents to offer adaptability for all weather conditions. The technically advanced construction of this jacket offers protection and abrasion resistance, while its longer cut at the back ensures the rider’s back and hips stay covered, even when in a sports crouch.