Terms of Sale For US and Canadian Buyers
(International buyers go here)
Orders can be placed through the website via our secure shopping cart. You can also place orders by phone. Office hours are 10:00 am to 6:00 pm central time, Monday through Friday.
We accept Visa, M/C, Discover or Paypal for customers whose billing addresses are in the US, US territories, APO/FPO (military) or Canada. Customers outside the US and Canada should take the link at the top of this page for International terms of sale. Sorry, but we don’t take American Express through the website. If you must use AMEX we can manually run a payment for your over the phone.
For information on how to use a Visa or Master Card gift card you can go here.
At MotorcycleGear.com we make the return/exchange process as easy and inexpensive as possible for our customers. Here are some highlights:
- We do not charge restocking fees for returns of any merchandise… even closeouts
- Free shipping policy applies to exchange orders just like regular orders. Exception: The cost of outbound shipping may be deducted from refunds for orders that include multiple sizes/styles for try on if all or most are returned. (details here )
- Customers can cross ship (for fastest service) or wait to re-order until after a return is received at our warehouse. (details)
- Customers can set up returns through our website and we offer the option of a convenient pre-paid return shipping label for just $8.99 (Limit ONE per order! deducted from the refund or store credit. UPS pre-paid labels are good only for returns from the contiguous US; label cost for large try-on orders may be higher).
- All return shipments must be made prepaid. Any Refused, Undelivered, or Abandoned package will have all shipping costs deducted from the refund. Packages returned COD will not be accepted.
“Normal” returns for size, color, etc:
Customers may return merchandise for a full refund or store credit. Request return authorization through the website here. You’ll need only to know your email address, zip code or order number (two of three will work). Automated return authorizations can be requested for products ordered in the last 30 days. You can also request a return authorization by phone using the number at the top of this page.
- Products being returned must be in new, unused condition with factory tags and packaging (basically we are asking that you return products in the same condition as when they were received). We cannot issue refunds or credit for products without the original tags and packaging. Please don’t use factory boxes for shipping back helmets, boots, etc. Place all return items inside shipping boxes. Re-bag helmets in the cloth protective bag to prevent scuffing.
- Any items which shows signs of use (wear, bugs, dirt, smell, pet hair, scuffing, etc) or otherwise is in a condition other than it was received cannot be returned.
- Products kept longer than 30 days from the order date without a return request are considered final.
- Products returned in less than new condition cannot be accepted and will be returned to the customer.
Helmets must be returned in brand new condition, clean interior and exterior, and the visor cling still attached to the shield. The return must include all the original tags and documentation that came with the helmet. The helmet box must also be in good condition and not used as a shipping box. Helmets returned with any signs of use will not be accepted and will be returned to the customer at their expense.
Returns of Electronic Merchandise:
If you open the factory packaging of any electronic item it is not returnable to us for refund/exchange for any reason. If you have an issue with functionality, the product’s vendor will help you (and they are very good at helping). If you have a problem, contact us for instructions on how to proceed as the process varies by brand. This policy does not apply to heated apparel but does apply to communicators and their accessories. Electronics returned with any signs of use cannot be accepted and will be returned to the customer at their expense.
- Klim AI-1 Airbag Vest – Once the seal is broken on this module we cannot accept the item as a return so make sure the fit is good before digging into the electronics!
For health and hygiene reasons riding underwear cannot be returned if the package has been opened. Riding Underwear returned with any signs of use will not be accepted and will be returned to the customer at their expense.
Returns for wrong merchandise received or defective “new” merchandise:
We cover the cost to replace merchandise that was shipped/received incorrectly or was defective in some way right out of the box. We will ship replacement merchandise at no charge and will provide pre-paid shipping for the return of the incorrect/defective merchandise (in the case of shipments from Canada we will reimburse for return shipping expense). Return authorizations can be made through the website here.
Returns for a defective item that has been used:
Procedures for processing defective returns vary by the manufacturer and the circumstances. Please see this list of warranty terms and first steps in making a warranty claim.
We take full responsibility for packages lost in transit to US and Canadian Buyers. If the package carrier loses the package before delivery we will either refund or replace the package after a trace has been completed (a package trace can take up to 8 business days for UPS and 30 business days for USPS). MOST packages gone missing, even if reported delivered, are subsequently found by the trace (about 8 in 10 reported missing).
It is VERY rare, but packages can go missing after delivery from theft at your property address. In 2018 this happened on only about 1 in 2500 shipments. A package trace will determine the exact point of drop-off (registered by GPS) and if your package is stolen from your property after delivery, email us a copy the police report from your local city or county and we cover up to $100 of the order value through refund or store credit. If the stolen package value exceeds $100 we will assist you in providing order information and evidence of delivery from the trace so that you can file a claim with personal property insurance coverage you may have. If you are concerned about theft after delivery, we suggest you use an alternate shipping address that is secure, such as your workplace. We will also help victims of uninsured theft over $100 by offering a replacement product at our cost.
Note about duties paid by Canadians on Items Being Returned:
Customers returning goods to the US for which duties or taxes have been paid can refer to this document for information about the possibility of a refund. This information is provided as a courtesy only as we are not involved in collecting or refunding any duties or taxes as a result of shipments to Canadian customers.
Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your information with vendors or third parties who deliver or provide services or otherwise act on behalf of or at the direction of motorcyclegear.com. These third parties may include, for example, our third-party technology providers, sponsors, and motorcycle magazines. These third-party service providers will only have access to the information needed to perform these limited functions on our behalf and at the same time, bound by confidentiality obligation set forth in an agreement between both parties.
Address for Returns
7916 Private Road 5960
Shallowater, TX 79363
Price Protection Policy
Products for motorcycling are seasonal and they are often put on sale by our suppliers with no notice. Those pricing changes allow us to pass along savings to our customers. Unfortunately, there are customers who may have recently bought a product only to see a price reduction. We like to “play fair”, so we offer the following price protection policy:
If you ordered an item anytime 30 days prior to a price reduction and/or promotion, we will offer you the same “deal” as is currently available. Cash price decreases will be given in the form of store credit. Promotional gift card increases will also be given as a store credit. To receive the credit, email us within 30 days of your purchase and we’ll issue the gift certificate to be used with your next purchase. Please note: In some cases, the price may have increased but a large(er) rebate may apply. In that case, you would be offered the option to pay more in cash and then receive the increased promotional Gift Card.
Exclusion to this Policy: The price protection policy does not apply to products currently being advertised as a Last Chance Bargain. Last Chance products are shown with the “Last Chance” sash on the picture and appear in our Last Chance Bargains department (and elsewhere on the site). Last Chance products are routinely marked down aggressively to sell off odds-and-ends. These products are typically selling below our cost and therefore we do not offer price protection credits.