Alpinestars Nucleon KR-CELLi Back Protector
- Back Protection – EN 1621-2:2014 Level 1
- The ultra-lightweight Nucleon KR-CELLi Protector insert is developed in three waist-to-shoulder dimensions to cover all body sizes.
- The triple segmented back shell plate is constructed from a high performance polymeric material blend for optimized flexibility and excellent weight saving properties.
- The back protector’s structure design and structural change from centre towards the outside provide the perfect balance between force dispersion and energy absorption.
- Unique cell micro-structure designed for advanced energy absorption, adaptivity, maximum breathability and air flow.
- Ergonomic protection plate contours to the natural curve of the back ensuring optimum fit while riding.
- Horizontal flexion groves for an adaptive fit in different riding position.
- Soft comfortable airmesh on the body side of the protector offers maximum breathability and rider comfort.
Choose the back protector size based upon the size of your jacket as follows:
For Men’s Alpha Sized Jackets: Choose size Medium to fit jacket sizes Medium and below. Choose size Large to fit jacket sizes Large or above.
For Men’s Euro Sized Jackets: Choose size Medium to fit jacket sizes 50 and below. Choose size Large to fit jacket sizes 52 or above.
For Women’s Alpha Sized Jackets Choose size Small to fit jacket sizes Small and below. Choose size Medium to fit jacket sizes Medium and above
For Women’s Euro Size Jackets Choose size Small to fit jacket sizes 40 and below. Choose size Medium to fit jacket sizes 42 and above.
If you want an idea of actual size, here are the overall length and width measurements of each size:
All sizes are approx 1/2” thick.
Our Two Cents
The Nucleon KR-CELLi Back Protector is a new choice offered by Alpinestars beginning in late 2018. This is a thinner and lighter design than the Nucleon KR styles. To give a basic comparison, the KR styles are made of solid molded rubber compounds and are CE level 2 and the CELLi is honeycomb lattice sort of structure and is CELevel 1. The CELLi is lighter and will pass air through more easily.
I personally think most street riders will like the lighter construction with this new CELLi unit. They’ll work particularly well with lighter textile styles and mesh styles. The honeycomb construction will work particularly well with mesh jacket owners who ride in hot weather. The heavier KR back protectors will appeal to those who have leather race jackets for sport and race riding. :: Paul, 09-05-18
Alpinestars says: The extremely lightweight, CE-certified KR-CELLi Protector insert features an articulated back shell plate for flexibility and riding fit, plus an advanced micro-structure cell design for efficient impact energy absorption and high levels of airflow.