Olympia Airglide 5 Mesh Tech Jacket For Women
Offers unmatched levels of versatility. Equipped with a sporty 2 stage, wind and waterproof, Thermolite® insulated rain jacket, its overall function and multi-season adaptability can’t be beat.
- Outer shell constructed in 500 denier Cordura® fabric with ballistic airflow mesh panels.
- Waterproof, Thermolite® insulated two stage Over or Under rain jacket.
- Removable CE approved Motion Flex armor at elbows and shoulders.
- Removable CE approved Motion Flex articulated back protector.
- Cool mesh airflow lining.
- Custom Fit detailing at collar, cuffs, elbows and waist.
- Comfort neoprene framed collar.
- 3M Scotchlite® reflective piping at front, sides and back.
- 8” connecting zipper for pants.
- Five storage pockets plus interior cell phone pocket.
TWO STAGE, OVER OR UNDER RAIN JACKET Sturdy waterproof, breathable rip stop nylon shell with Thermolite insulation, 3M reflective detailing, mandarin style knit trim collar, two waterproof zipper pockets and interior cell phone pocket.
THERMOLITE INSULATION LAYER Can be zipped directly into the main outer shell or the rain jacket.MULTI-LAYER SYSTEM Airglide’s 3 Layer System Design allows for easy customization by simply adding or removing appropriate layers. It’s also been designed with a woman’s specific fit and flattering hour glass shape.
- LAYER 1 consists of a rugged outer shell constructed in authentic Cordura® fabric with ballistic nylon mesh panels for maximum airflow and superior abrasion resistance.
- LAYER 2 offers a sporty multi-purpose 2 stage waterproof, breathable rain jacket that can be worn both over or under the main outer shell, as weather conditions dictate. This jacket can also be worn as functional stand-alone sportswear.
- LAYER 3 includes a removable full sleeve thermal layer with authentic Thermolite® insulation. It can be zipped directly into the main outer shell or the rain jacket shell, as needed, to ensure multi-season riding comfort through a wide range of temperatures and weather conditions.
Read on for more details.
Please have a look at Olympia’s standard size chart to chose a size.
For our feature photos, we used a size Large jacket on our size mannequin Shirley who is a standard dress size 12. Take a look at the photo gallery so see how the jacket fits by taking the View Larger Images link.
Our Two Cents
The Airglide 5 Mesh jacket by Olympia is their best and most versatile mesh jacket which is styled for street/sport riding. The dual liner system give you a lot of options to handle a wide range of temps and weather conditions. If you live where it gets hot, but want one jacket to “do it all” this one is a contender.
This jacket offers the same liner setup as the Olympia Alpha Tech Mesh jacket. This one is a shorter waist than the Alpha Mesh and it has a more sport oriented style. It comes with a complete set of CE rated armor…. shoulders, elbows and back. No need for an upgrade because the armor is rated and feels sturdy. The tail of the jacket includes a short rear zip for connection to Olympia pants and also has a couple belt loops if you just want to attach the tail to your jeans belt.
I’d encourage you to look at our photo gallery to get the idea on the usefulness of the two removable liners. The mostly-mesh shell, used by itself will be comfortable in very warm temps, and then using one or both other liners will cover the rest of the year’s riding conditions. One of the liners is a waterproof shell and then there is another liner that is insulated. You can use one or both to suit the riding conditions. Another option is to wear the rain liner OVER the entire jacket in rain to keep you and the jacket shell dry, but if you just want to use the rain liner as a windbreak, you can put it under the jacket as well. For colder weather, add the removable thermal liner for insulation against the cold.
The removable rain liner is styled so that you can use it by itself off the bike. Being able to use the rain liner as a casual jacket will really be helpful to those who are traveling long distances because you can cut down on the list of items you need to pack in addition to your protective gear. And being able to use the thermal liner with that casual rain liner makes it doubly useful.
I really think the Olympia mesh jackets with this dual liner system is a nice design and for all that you get…. the liners and all the armor, the price is very reasonable. :: Paul, 11-16-17