Alpinestars Stella Kira Leather Jacket For Women
- Optimized for a women’s performance fit.
- Large accordion stretch panels help movement and comfort on the bike.
- Waist adjustment for an improved riding fit.
- Waist connection zipper allows quick and easy attachment to Alpinestars riding pants.
- Zippered air intake vents are strategically positioned for optimized airflow.
- Low profile collar construction with microfiber comfort edging plus 3D textured fabric comfort inner collar lining for high levels of rider comfort.
- Reflective details to make the rider more visible to other road users.
- Inner removable thermal liner for versatility.
- Fully CE-certified riding garment to CE – Category II prEN17092 draft standards – AAA class.
- Multiple snap button system to integrate the Level 2 CE-certified Alpinestars Nucleon Back protector.
Read on for more details.
Please use Alpinestars sizing chart for women to choose a size that best matches up with your measurements.
For reference, our studio photos were taken with a size 46 jacket on on our Fit Check mannequin Shirley. Shirley is a standard dress size 12. The 46 is called out as a US dress size 10 by Alpinestars and it is very snug on our mannequin, which checks out.
About sizing when accessory armor is used: I’d recommend you add 1” to your bust and waist measurements when adding any of the back protector choices.
Our Two Cents
The Alpinestars Stella Kira Leather jacket for women is a classically styled leather sport jacket with race-class leather construction and an excellent armor package.
The main chassis of this jacket is similar to MANY other Alpinestars sport/leather jackets. The leather used is race grade, but the leather panels of the jacket are combined with stretch material in the underarms along with accordion stretch panels behind the shoulders and above the elbows. All the stretch capability allows a sport cut jacket like this to fit very snug, but still be workable for daily use. The accordion panels allow you to reach forward for the typical riding position without becoming constrictive across your back.
A black leather jacket like this won’t be ideal for really hot weather, but for other times of the year it should work out well. I’d recommend it for spring, fall and winter. It does have two small zip vents in front near the shoulders, but those will only be marginally effective. It comes with a removable vest-type thermal liner to add a bit of warmth in colder weather.
The armor included with the jacket is standard molded rubber CE 1 removable type. And there is a pocket to add a back protector. I’ve listed a few options at the bottom of this page to add a back protector. There is discussion on each of the back protector pages to help you choose the one for you. I’d recommend the Kr-1i or 2i. Those two are more “sport/race” constructed, but any of the three will fit.
Other nice construction feature… the cuff ends on the sleeves have a band of padding at the ends to make those fit more comfortably around your wrist; The jacket has wide bands of reflective material on the shoulders to make you more visible at night; One waterproof pocket is provided on the inside to store your phone or other items. This jacket comes with a full-around zipper for attachment to Alpinestars pants to make a full suit.
If a sport/race jacket like this is what you want, Alpinestars really can’t be beat. They offer high quality materials, excellent fit and styling and the most complete armor packages in the business. :: Paul, 05-09-19
Alpinestars says: Featuring an optimized female fit design, the Stella Kira Leather Jacket has a premium leather chassis for comfort and durability. With extensive stretch panels on the sleeves and chest for a highly adaptive fit, the fully CE-certified Stella Kira jacket has strategically positioned perforations for high levels of rider comfort and class-leading protective features inside and out.