Alpinestars T-Fuse Sport Shell Waterproof Jacket
- Technical softshell constructed with a water-resistant main material to provide superior levels of wet weather protection.
- Fixed waterproof membrane for excellent 100% waterproof performance in wet conditions.
- Hook and loop strap on waist adjustment plus snap adjusters on chest and sleeves for improved riding fit.
- Zippered air intake vents are strategically positioned for optimized airflow when opened.
- Two zippered hand pockets and a chest zippered pocket for real-world practicality.
- Low profile collar construction with fabric on inner collar lining for enhanced rider comfort.
- Pre-curved sleeve construction reduces riding fatigue.
- Reflective details to make the rider more visible to other road users, especially when riding at night.
- Waterproof front inner pocket for peace-of-mind storage.
- Removable thermal liner with insulated front flap for versatility.
- Waist connection zipper allows quick and easy attachment to Alpinestars riding pants.
- Fully CE-certified riding garment to CE – Category II prEN17092 draft standards – A class.
- Chest and back compartments are designed to accommodate Alpinestars Level 1 CE-certified Nucleon chest and Level 2 CE-certified Nucleon back inserts, available as an accessory upgrade.
- Level 2 CE-certified Bio Air shoulder and elbow protectors for protection against impacts.
- Dynamic Friction Shield (DFS) external dual density TPU sliders on shoulders for protection against abrasion.
Read on for more details.
I found this style jacket to fit a bit snug across the chest and shoulders as compared to most of the other Alpinestars jackets we’ve checked this season. I’m estimating the fit is about 1/2 size smaller than most other Alpinestars jackets. It feels like the cut has a bit more of a narrow shoulder than the other styles. If you have an average build with narrow shoulders, then You’ll like how this jacket fits. If you have a beefy build wide shoulders, I don’t think you’ll like this one.
To find a fit, I’d suggest you measure your chest and belly and make a selection from the chart below. Choose a jacket that is big enough for both your chest and belly. For most, you’ll probably fit in the same size you normally wear in men’s clothing, but some may find they need to choose one size larger.
Note: If you plan to add back or chest armor you’ll need to add to your measurements before selecting a size from the chart. Add 1” to your chest and belly measurements to add a back protector. Add an additional 1” to your chest measurement if you plan to add the chest protector kit.
|Jacket Size||Max Chest||Max Belly|
Our Two Cents
The Alpinestars T-Fuse Sport Shell Waterproof jacket is a lighter weight waterproof street jacket with full armor. This jacket offers flow through venting for warmer weather and removable insulation for cooler weather.
The fabric used for the shell of this jacket is a little different than with most textile jackets we carry. It is a denser fabric but it is softer and more of a “shine” to it. The fabric has a softer “touch” to it and doesn’t get wrinkled, so if you like to look crisp and sharp, then this might the one for you!
I’d recommend this jacket for colder to warm weather, but maybe not for hot summer weather. It does have pretty nice venting options to get you into warmer days. The jacket is made with a “fixed” waterproof liner, so it will keep the water out for sure. The venting on the sides is made to flow through the vent all the way to your body rather than being blocked by the internal liner. The zipper to the vent is waterproof to keep water out when closed. For cooler weather, the jacket comes with a removable vest-type liner to add a layer of insulation.
This jacket comes standard with removable armor inserts at the shoulders and elbows. There are also external armor pieces over the shoulders. Honestly, I think those external shoulder armor pieces are what makes the fit seem a little slimmer through the shoulders (as I mentioned in the sizing advice). The combination of the shoulder insert and the external piece over is pretty substantial feeling. For adding a back protector, there are three main options (see below). If you click through to those back protectors, I’ve included a discussion with each to help you choose. For a lighter weight street jacket like this, I’d steer you to the KR-Celli or maybe the KR-2I. You can also add chest armor in the jacket. One simple choice is available so click the link below. One of the KR back protectors in the jacket and the chest protectors, along with the standard elbows and shoulder armor inserts will give you great overall coverage.
An all-around connection zipper is provided so you can zip this jacket to Alpinestars pants to make a full suit. Alpinestars makes a good variety of pants. I’d suggest one of their “drystar” pants so they’ll be compatible with the jacket in terms of being waterproof.
One feature that is a bit different on this jacket that I actually like is the collar design. It is like a standard mandarin collar, but it isn’t stiff and so it is immediately comfortable and it is lined with a soft fabric too. The asymmetrical flap near the neck over the main zipper looks a bit European. When I first saw it, I was afraid it might be uncomfortable but its not and I think it adds a bit of unusual style. :: Paul, 05-20-19
Alpinestars says: A versatile all-weather sport riding jacket constructed from softshell which incorporates a water-resistant fabric, the T-Fuse Sport Waterproof Jacket provides 100% waterproofing and comfort. With internal shoulder and elbow protection and the ability to upgrade to Alpinestars Nucleon chest and back protection, this jacket also has strategically positioned vents and a removable thermal liner, allowing the rider to tailor the jacket to the conditions.