Tour Master Intake Air 5 Jacket (Small Only)
- Performance-cut, abrasion-resistant, Armor-Link 3 mesh and 600 denier Carbolex® 100% polyester fabric shell
- 1680 denier ballistic polyester in the shoulders, elbows, and forearms help increase protection
- AquathermTM two-stage waterproof liner and insulated vest
- Pre-curved and rotated sleeves provide comfort and reduce rider fatigue
- Adjustable, elastic snap sleeve straps at forearm and bicep help secure elbow armor
- 360o of low light and nighttime visibility provided by Phoslite® reflective fabric and Tourmaster® signature reflective rear triangle
- Newly-designed CE-approved Armadillo® armor in the shoulders and elbows, and articulated triple-density back protector
- Microfiber-lined mandarin collar and hook and loop adjustable microfiber-lined cuffs
- Two hand warmer pockets, interior mobile phone pocket, interior storage pouch, and zippered chest map pocket
- Accordion stretch panels at waist and elbow
- Adjustable waist belts with TPR pulls help fine tune the fit
- Includes an 8” jacket/pant zipper attachment with pant side zipper included
- ESOTM zippers including locking Tourmaster® main zipper
We checked the fit on these jackets with our size mannequins and we also spot checked a few different size jackets with a tape. We feel this model runs true to size. The jackets are sold in ordinary “alpha” sizes, so you can choose the size you normally wear in men’s clothing.
For those that want to check the size based upon their chest and belly measurements, I put together the chart below. Measure your chest and belly and pick a size that is big enough for both. Tour Master jacket are generally more of a “touring” fit with only a slight taper from chest to waist. They work great on bigger guys and those who enjoy a more relaxed fit.
This jacket is offered in tall sizes too. The sleeves and body in a tall size will be about 2” longer than the “regular” jacket in the same size. If you typically wear tall sizes in men’s clothing, then try this jacket in a tall size too.
|Alpha Size||Max Chest Size||Max Belly|
Our Two Cents
The Intake Air 5.0 jacket from Tour Master is a great street jacket for a wide range of temps. It comes complete with armor and two removable liners.
The shell of this jacket is mostly flow through mesh material, so it will flow a LOT of air. You’ll be able to wear the jacket and be comfortable in the hottest weather of the summer.
To make this jacket workable in other times of the year, there are two liners included. One liner is full-sleeve wind and rain proof liner. A liner like this is thin and can pack away easily when not in use. When you install it in the jacket, it will act as a wind barrier so it will extend the useful temperature range of the mesh jacket down so you’ll be comfortable when things cool off a bit. And then if you need some further warmth, there is a vest type insulated liner included too. You can use one or both in the jacket to suit the conditions. Overall, I’d recommend this jacket for temps from hot summer days down to pretty cool weather in the spring and fall. If you have a cold winter where you live, you might need a solid textile or leather style to get you through cold winter weather, but this one will cover everything else. And for those with more moderate winters, this one ought to easily go four seasons.
The jacket has a nice set of CE approved armor in the shoulders and elbows. Its a molded rubber type found in nearly every style of jacket these days. It’s CE rated too. The back pad is a dual density foam of medium density so there is nothing else to buy.
Other nice features here are the well padded collar and sleeve ends. They are lined with soft fleece material and have a rolled edge which is very comfortable. There are also ample reflective patches on the front and back to improve your night time visibility.
I really like Tour Master products. They offer many features for convenience and comfort, and as I mentioned in the sizing advice, those who like more casually fitting riding gear will like this brand. Also, this style comes in both men’s and women’s cut/sizing. Take the link below to see. :: Paul, 11-02-18