Alpinestars Air Plus v2 Gore-Tex XCR Boots
The Air Plus V2 Gore-Tex® XCR Boot’s innovative design features a waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX® XCR membrane layered under a well ventilated mesh outer construction that ensures your feet stay comfortably dry in all-weather conditions. Dual-density ankle protectors together with internal heel and toe counters provide exceptional safety and support.
- Ergonomic new last for foot streamlining and superior fit and comfort.
- Air mesh main construction is layered with highly breathable materials for superior ventilation and features over-injected soft PU reinforcements.
- Full grain leather on medial panel offers comfort and durability.
- Strategically positioned perforation zones on front and rear full grain leather accordions for enhanced ventilation.
- Waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex® XCR membrane provides outstanding weather protection and ensures the feet stay comfortably dry in all conditions.
- Microfiber with technical texture plus shift pad, for more impact protection and durability.
- Medial side entry opening/closure zipper system with wide velcro closure. Velcro tab locks the zip pull closed, keeping it flat and secure.
- Wide opening aperture for ease of access.
- Internal toe box protection is layered under the upper for improved feel and performance.
- Seamlessly integrated molded shin protector affords exceptional impact protection.
- Double layer reinforcement under the shin plate affords exceptional impact protection.
- Internal heel and toe counters for enhanced structural integrity.
- Injected PU shifter area ensures high levels of comfort and durability.
- Rear reflective insert for improved nighttime visibility.
- New removable anatomic footbed includes EVA and Lycra for comfort and support.
- Alpinestars’ exclusive compound rubber sole for optimal combination of grip and comfort.
- Contoured, injected high modulus polyamide midsole prevents excessive deformation of the boot during an impact event while maintaining high levels of comfort and control.
- The Air Plus V2 Gore-Tex® XCR V2 boot is CE certified.
Alpinestars boots are very consistent from one model to the next and in trying on this style, we find it to be consistent with their published sizing chart and most previous Alpinestars boots.
If you know your best size from previous Alpinestars boots, then I’d advise you to choose the same size, or just use the chart to select a size based on a US street shoe size. I’d consider the width of the men’s sizes to be normal to slightly wide (D or E).
|Euro||Men’s US||Women’s US|
Our Two Cents
Alpinestar’s new Air Plus v2 Gore-Tex XCR Boots if one of only a few models we carry that has the waterproofing performance of Gore-Tex but with excellent venting capabilities. One model that is almost identical to this one is the TCX Airtech Evo Gore-Tex boot and both are very similar to the Sidi Aira GT boot too. All three are high quality and have some of the same features, so please excuse a bit of copy/paste in my discussion below.
A large portion of this boot is a breathable fabric and perforated leather, and both allows air to pass through freely. The boot has a Gore-Tex liner which keeps water out but allows for foot moisture to escape. Just like I did with the previous model, I had to give this new version the lip lock test… put my lips on them and blow! Sure enough, I could feel my breath on the inside! I didn’t dunk them in water, but being a Gore-Tex product, the overwhelming likelihood is that they will indeed be waterproof as advertised. Amazing!
The overall style of this boot is ideal for street riders and commuters. This boot also offers a comfortable natural feel when off the bike. Just glancing, it looks like nearly the entire upper is the mesh fabric and/or perforated leather, but the large panel covering the main zipper and the material over the shin armor is suede material It has sort of a “grip” to it, sort of like what you see with off road boots. This feature will be welcome by adventure riders for grip against the motorcycle’s body parts.
This boot’s crash protection features feel a bit different than other similar styles. I feel softer padding on either side of the ankles and in the shin as compared to the usual build in harder plastic discs found in the TCX and Sidi versions. If you have trouble with the harder materials, these might just be the thing for you. The soles have very good stiffness (like a good sport/street boot should), and the heel area and toe has the usual stiffening materials built in. The relatively rare property of being breathable and yet waterproof is the big draw here, and is one that summertime touring and adventures riders will really enjoy. We’ve always had good luck with Alpinestars products and I’m sure these boots will be great. Couple that with the Gore-Tex liner material (commonly regarded as the best in the business), and I think you will really enjoy these boots. :: Paul, 10-06-17