Cortech Latigo Jacket (Black XL)
- Constructed with a combination of perforated and non- perforated top grain drum dyed leather (1.2-1.4 mm)
- CE approved shoulder and elbow armor with a triple density back protector
- Triple and double stitched with high strength, bonded nylon thread
- Accordion style expansion panels at shoulders and elbows for increased flexibility and a performance fit
- Heavy duty, 600 denier stretch nylon panels in the arms for ease of movement
- Molded shoulder protectors with integrated ventilation intake vents
- Rotated sleeves for comfort and performance in the riding position
- Cuffs feature a spring-loaded zipper pull to eliminate flapping
- EVA foam padded collarbone protection panels
- Removable, insulated vest liner provides warmth
- Mesh lining throughout enhances air circulation and comfort
- Features a full-circumference and 8 inch jacket to pant attachment zipper with pant sides included
Check out these similar products:
|Jacket Size||Max Chest Size|
These chest sizes seem appropriate, so you can use your suit coat size or chest measurement to double check. This is a “race cut” jacket so it will fit more snugly than other street/sport type jackets you may be used to. If you are between sizes and/or prefer a loose fit, then I’d advise tending toward a larger size choice. You’ll want to check your belly also and make sure that your belly does not exceed 6” less than the chest size above (example, XL/46 will handle a max belly of about 40”).
Our Two Cents
Anther MotorcycleGear.com exclusive; all remaining US inventory of this style is in our Texas warehouse. Get one while they remain! Our product comments: Cortech has used a combination of perforated and non-perforated leather as well as nylon stretch panels in the construction of the Latigo Jacket. The overall styling is much like that of a race suit… very form fitted which is geared toward the aggressive sport/street rider. The end result is a stylish design that is quite comfortable and offers very good protection. The nylon stretch material is used under the arms and across the chest, and flexible leather accordion panels are used in the shoulders, at the elbows, and at the sides for extra flexibility. For protection, there is a removable triple density back protector as well as C.E. approved armor for the shoulders and elbows. The shoulder armor is removable; however, the armor for the elbows is permanently sewn into place. Fixing the armor to the shell of the jacket is more secure than just having it in a nylon pocket sewn into the liner. In addition, this jacket has some external molded shoulder protectors which provide some extra protection and ventilation, and they look pretty cool too. There is also EVA foam padding in the collarbone area and in the mid-section of the torso to give the illusion of six pack abs (can’t hurt, right?). The ventilation on this jacket should be quite good, and the jacket does come with a vest-type liner for when the weather turns cooler. The liner should block the majority of the wind on the torso, but the insulation feels pretty thin (so don’t expect too much warmth). Take the “View Larger Pictures” link above to see some good close-ups of this jacket and its features.
Note about the Youtube video: Cortech has titled the video Latigo One Piece and Two Piece Suit and the first two thirds refers to their one piece suit. The last part discusses the features of the Latigo jacket and pants, which are sold separately but combine to make a nice two piece suit.
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
What an awesome deal this was (really?... $109 for a quality leather riding jacket?...)! Incredible... Solid construction, great look and feel and the fit for me at 6 foot, 34 inch waist, 46 inch chest at 190-195 lbs is terrific. Minimal ro... (Read more...)
Leather jackets that work in the summer aren't always easy to find. The Cortech Latigo jacket is a great example of one that does. It flows plenty of air, has a great, comfortable sport cut and offers protective features you'd expect of a good sp... (Read more...)