Alpinestars GP Pro One-Piece Leather Suit (SOLD OUT)
- New performance engineered fit design optimized for use with Tech-Air Race System and back protector.
- Upper body incorporates accordion leather stretch and DUPONT™ Kevlar®-reinforced inserts to accommodate Tech-Air® Race system’s increased volume in the event of a system-triggering incident.
- Advanced poly-textile accordion stretch inserts in key articulation areas on the back and extensive advanced poly-fabric stretch panels on crotch, underarms, calf and knees for excellent range of movement.
- Integrated PE comfort padding on the chest, torso, coccyx and back further enhances fit and comfort while riding.
- Perforations on chest, arm and leg offer airflow and help regulate body temperature.
- Airprene collar and cuff for high levels of comfort and breathability.
- Highly abrasion resistant construction using premium, 1.3mm full-grain leather for excellent comfort, fit and durability.
- Alpinestars race-derived, external Dynamic Friction Shield (DFS) protectors in the knees, elbows and shoulders feature injection-molded shells and dual density foam padding.
- Removable, internal CE-certified protectors offer superior impact protection to shoulders, elbows and knees.
- Snap connection system allows integration of CE level 2-certified Nucleon KR-R Back Protector for the ultimate protection.
- Chest and hip pad compartments (Alpinestars’ Nucleon chest and hip protection available as upgrade).
- Replaceable Alpinestars PU knee sliders incorporate Velcro® for customized and secure fitment and are developed for the ultimate in feel and sensitivity on the track.
- CE Certified hip protectors included.
- Moto GP-profiled, perforated, back hump for improved aerodynamic and ventilation performance. • Alpinestars-developed accordion leather back panel and knee inserts for comfort in riding position.
- Multi-panel lining incorporates 3D mesh and stretch inserts.
- Zippered rear calf expansion gusset improves range of fit comfort and Premium YKK fasteners and semi-auto locking zips used throughout garment
- Rear reflective detailing for improved rider visibility and internal water-resistant wallet pocket.
- Internal conduits for quick and convenient connection of suit to airbag system.
- Left sleeve features LED panel which clearly displays airbag system’s functioning status.
- Available in men’s EURO sizes: 46-60 / 46-64 (black / red only).
- NOTE: Tech-Air® Race Vest is only compatible with racing suits EURO size 58 or smaller.
Check out these similar products:
Alpinestars suits are offered in European sizes, Choosing a suit depends primarily upon three measurements; chest size, belly size and height. Race suits are cut with a very trim fit which is designed to fit skin tight over underwear or very light clothing. With most suits, the protection (back, chest and/or air bag) is optional and, when installed in the suit, will make them fit smaller, so you’ll want to think about the optional armor before selecting a size.
To select a size in a race suit, we highly recommend you measure your chest and belly with a tape (it is easier if you ask a friend to help). If you need some measuring help, take the link below for detailed instructions. Once you know your chest and belly measurements, you’ll want to choose a size from the chart that will be big enough for both. Before selection, you’ll need to add to your measurements for the addition of optional armor. Generally speaking, we recommend adding 1” to your chest and belly if you plan to add a back protector, and add an additional 1” to your chest for the addition of chest armor (if the suit is equipped to accommodate Alpinestar’s air bag system and you plan to install the air bag instead of armor, we suggest adding 1” to your chest and 1” to your belly).
Unlike separate jackets and pants, the fit of a suit is highly dependent upon your height. And since the fit of both the pants and the upper part of the suit are determined by the single size you choose, it’s pretty important that your height fall within the recommended range. To compensate for being too tall or too short for your ideal size, you can up-size or downsize to some degree, but you’ll be compromising the fit in other areas. Some riders who are much too tall or too short for standard sizing often opt for a custom made suit since off-the-rack suits just won’t work.
Alpinestars offers very complex sizing charts on their website, and if you want to dig more deeply into the sizing issue, I’d suggest visiting their website, but for sake of simplicity, we’ve condensed their basic sizing advice down to the chart below.
|Euro Size||Max Chest
Our Two Cents
A premium full grain leather suit fully optimized for Alpinestars’ innovative Tech-Air® Race airbag system. The GP Pro Leather Suit for Tech-Air® Race features an anatomical engineered design to ensure excellent comfort and performance fit for track days or serious road riding. Packed with class leading, track-tested protection inside and out, this ventilated leather suit is versatile and extremely comfortable. Its unique design means it can be equally effectively worn with or without the Tech-Air® airbag system.