Alpinestars Missile Ignition V2 One-Piece Leather Suit
The Missile Ignition V2 1PC racing leather suit delivers optimum abrasion resistance while also offering extensive ventilation thanks to its MATRYX® zones. This suit has an engineered fit to deliver the highest level of active race protection and is Tech-Air® ready; it can accommodate the Tech-Air® 10 Airbag System, complete with its extended hip protection.
- DFS shoulder, elbow and knew armor delivers optimal resistance against impacts and abrasion, and offers exceptional friction control.
- HRSF polyamide stretch inserts for optimal abrasion resistance while ensuring enhanced freedom of movement.
- Dedicated ‘Ignition’ graphic for a striking racing-inspired aesthetic.
- Race fit – highly pre-curved body, arms and knees for enhanced performance.
- Premium bovine leather with dual layers in seat area for superior abrasion resistance.
- DFS armor delivers optimal resistance against impacts and abrasion, and offers exceptional friction control.
- Zippered detachable comfort liner with Polygiene BiostaticTM Stays Fresh Technology treatment for convenience.
Read on for more details.
Alpinestars suits are offered in European sizes, Choosing a suit depends primarily upon three measurements; chest size, belly size and height. Race suits are cut with a very trim fit which is designed to fit skin tight over underwear or very light clothing. With most suits, the protection (back, chest and/or air bag) is optional and, when installed in the suit, will make them fit smaller, so you’ll want to think about the optional armor before selecting a size.
To select a size in a race suit, we highly recommend you measure your chest and belly with a tape (it is easier if you ask a friend to help). If you need some measuring help, take the link below for detailed instructions. Once you know your chest and belly measurements, you’ll want to choose a size from the chart that will be big enough for both. Before selection, you’ll need to add to your measurements for the addition of optional armor. Generally speaking, we recommend adding 1” to your chest and belly if you plan to add a back protector, and add an additional 1” to your chest for the addition of chest armor (if the suit is equipped to accommodate Alpinestar’s air bag system and you plan to install the air bag instead of armor, we suggest adding 1” to your chest and 1” to your belly).
Unlike separate jackets and pants, the fit of a suit is highly dependent upon your height. And since the fit of both the pants and the upper part of the suit are determined by the single size you choose, it’s pretty important that your height fall within the recommended range. To compensate for being too tall or too short for your ideal size, you can up-size or downsize to some degree, but you’ll be compromising the fit in other areas. Some riders who are much too tall or too short for standard sizing often opt for a custom made suit since off-the-rack suits just won’t work.
Alpinestars offers very complex sizing charts on their website, and if you want to dig more deeply into the sizing issue, I’d suggest visiting their website, but for sake of simplicity, we’ve condensed their basic sizing advice down to the chart below.
|Euro Size||Max Chest