Arai Signet-X Impulse Helmet
Purpose-built for the street. A new benchmark in comfort, quiet, stability and ventilation. Arai applied the same tireless 24-7 focus devoted to our race helmets to designing it, refining and adapting proven concepts to a new purpose. On the long, narrow end of the head shape spectrum, the Signet series has always been the “go-to” helmet of choice. The new Signet-X exemplifies that shape in a feature rich package.
VAS SHIELD SYSTEM
- The Variable Axis System shield mechanism was developed to enhance the shape of the shell, but the easy to learn changing mechanism is what most people are raving about. Quick, easy and intuitive.
IMPROVED SHIELD LATCH
- The VAS latch captures and securely holds the shield closed to help prevent unexpected opening. In addition to the de-mist function, the larger latch allows for intuitive and seamless shield operation.
IMPROVED GLANCE OFF ABILITY
- The VAS pivot cover is now smaller and lower than the previous design, yielding an average of 24mm more area above the cover. The shell is now smoother along the Snell test line in the temple area, thus increasing the helmet’s ability to glance off objects during an impact.
- Compared with the shell of the Corsair-V, the smooth area around the temple is increased by an average of 24mm on the new VAS model. Having a rounder, smoother, stronger shell to improve glance off ability.
- The new Peripherally Belted – Super Complex Laminate Construction shell design combines multiple materials and techniques created internally by Arai that deliver both performance and affordability.
- In keeping with the “improve on what works” mentality at Arai, the new QVF & QVR upper ventilation ducts look familiar but offer more adjustment and better flow through performance.
- The new water repllent ES Chincover comes installed on the Signet-X. Enhancing the Egg Shape of the helmet, the cover smooths airflow, increases exhaust from the mouth area and reduces wind noise coming up from below. Good for both cold and warm weather riding and is easy to remove and reinstall as needed.
- The Anti-Microbial liner material on the Signet-X resists the build up of bacteria and as a result allows your helmet to stay fresher, longer, between cleanings.
VAS-MV PINLOCK ANTI-FOG LENS
- The Signet-X comes with the VAS-MV (Max Vision) shield that accepts the new VAS-MV Pinlock lens. The new Pinlock-120 lens comes with the helmet in the box and ready to install.
Read on for more details.
|Size||Head (inches)||Head (cm)|
|XS||20 7/8 – 21 1/4||53-54cm|
|Small||21 5/8 – 22||55-56cm|
|Medium||22 1/2 – 22 7/8||57-58cm|
|Large||23 1/4 – 23 5/8||59-60cm|
|XL||24 – 24 3/8||61-62cm|
|XXL||24 3/4 – 25 1/8||63-64cm|
This chart is just a starting point for determining the correct size Arai for you. For an in-depth look at Arai helmet sizing, click here
Need help choosing the right shape and size helmet for your own noggin?
Learn about the LidPicker!