Sidi Performer Gore-Tex Boots
- The Gore-Tex™ membrane breathes more than any other membrane thus the rider’s feet will stay cooler in warm weather with a Gore-Tex™ equipped boot
- Front calf plate features four small mesh panels for air flow
- Rear calf features six mesh panels for maximum transpiration of heat away from the rider’s foot
- Thermoplastic resin ankle protectors
- Malleolus external plastic guard with ergonomic closed cell foam padding internally to enhance protection of those tender small foot bones
- Bolt on (no Velcro!) replaceable, adjustable and aerodynamic nylon scuff pads on the toe
- Nylon inner sole with removable arch support pad
- Nylon shin deflector plate
- Sidi’s new Full Grain Microfiber material is used for the upper’s construction
- Double stitched in all high stress areas
- Zipper and Velcro closure system
- An elastic panel adjacent to the entry zipper allows a bind free zip and improved fit
- Dual compound sole
- Lined with anti-abrasion Cambrelle® in the foot area for comfort, the upper is lined with Teflon mesh which prevents complete absorption of water and sweat. These materials will not retain water or sweat on the inside of the boot. The boot will dry quickly and the treatment also prevents the onset of mould.
- DuPont polymer toe shift pad
Visit our Sidi Sizing Information page for complete size conversion info (ladies can use the chart at the bottom of the page). Sidi boots typically fit very consistently from one model to the next and this boot is no exception. We feel the size chart represents the fit very well. Width is “normal”, which is C or D in US shoe sizes.
Our Two Cents
The Sidi Performer is a great boot design for sport or sport touring riding. It’s not a full-on race boot but has significant protection and a sport look and feel. The Performer is new and comes in three versions… the “standard” Performer which is partially vented, the Performer Air which has a fully vented foot and then the Performer GoreTex. Generally speaking, the Performer line of boots falls somewhere between a race boot and more ordinary riding shoes and boots. And since its feature list doesn’t include all the hardcore features found on race boot, the pricing compares favorably with other less “racy” style boots.
Other than climate considerations, all three versions have a similar feature list. As for climate, the boot names tell the story… the “standard” Performer would be good for those who don’t need a waterproof boot and don’t ride a lot in hot summer temps. It’s partially vented so it will work fine for cold to warm temps in dry weather. The “air” version has a fully perforated foot which will allow air to flow well, so it will be best for warm to hot temps and dry weather. The Gore-Tex boot is fully waterproof and by nature won’t flow the same air as the other two versions. It will be best for those who ride in wet conditions with mild to cold temps.
Take the links at the bottom of this page to view the pictures and pricing of the other two versions.
Sidi has made a boot like this for a LONG time. The most similar previous version was the Fusion. And also for a long time, this mid-level sport boot has been made of non-leather materials. Microfiber is the generic name for the main upper material. Materials like this have long been used for motorcycle boot because they are abrasion resistant and long wearing. Also, they aren’t as adversely affected by wet weather as a leather boot. I’ve owned microfiber boots and I’ve owned leather. Both break in and become comfortable with time. I’ll have to admit, leather boots do seem to become more “yours” with time, but admittedly, leather isn’t the most practical material for all the conditions you find on a motorcycle so don’t be afraid of a boot made of man-made materials. And some find it appealing to think of them as “vegan”.
Like any good sport touring or sport boot, this one has armored areas… both sides of the ankle have built-in protection pieces… the inside ankle is a hidden plastic disc where the outside ankle gets the visible slider. There are also sliders on the outside of the foot and on the outside of the toe. The heel and toe areas have significant reinforcements to make them protective from impact and there is also a sturdy shin protector. The sole is the usual low profile design which works well with sport shifter setups. The sole has internal reinforcement in the shank area. All three versions have a side zipper for entry. I’ve seen other models with more elaborate closure setups, but its hard to beat the inside zipper. It’s easy and fast and secure.
I really like these new Performer models. They aren’t radically new or different, but its hard to knock years of success Sidi has had with boots of this ilk. They’ve managed to hold the line on pricing as well. :: Paul, 11-30-18
Sidi says: New for 2018 the Performer Gore-Tex™, which features a highly breathable, waterproof Gore-Tex™ membrane that keeps your feet at a cool, comfortable temperature, even in warmer weather.