Alpinestars J-6 Waterproof Riding Shoes
- Lightweight, street-styled upper combining full grain leather and suede for optimized comfort, durability and look.
- Waterproof membrane subtly built into chassis for 100 per cent performance against wet penetration.
- Top tongue and collar constructed from leather for enhanced comfort, durability and luxurious feel.
- Metal eyelet lacing closure on instep for easy, secure and comfortable fit.
- Dual density and ergonomic MX-derived ankle and heel protector is applied between the upper and padded lining to provide all-round strategic protection and flexibility in key areas.
- Padding on tongue and heel area provides high levels of comfort and fit around the ankle and instep.
- Advanced rubber compound cup sole is molded to the upper to offer stability, grip, support and durability.
- Reinforced mid sole inserted between the upper and the sole for structural strength and durability.
- Removable and replaceable EVA and Lycra® foot-bed is anatomically profiled for added comfort and support.
- Metal logo detailing logos and patterning give the boot a contemporary styling feel.
- Internal toe box and heel counter reinforcement is layered under the upper for more ergonomic design.
- The J-6 Waterproof shoe is CE certified.
Read on for more details.
These shoes are sold in US men’s sizes. We find Alpinestars sport shoes like this one run run more snug and a bit shorter than the boots in their line. I think these run more like Nike sneakers, which generally run about one half to one size smaller than a standard street shoes.
My advice would be to buy one size larger than your standard street shoe size, or the same size as you wear in Nike. If you are between sizes, choose the larger.
Our Two Cents
The J-6 Waterproof Riding shoes look a lot better in person than in the pictures. I’m looking at the brown pair and the leather used in these shoes is very nice. The upper tounge and the rolled area around the ankle is a perforated suede material that really looks good too. These shoes would look great with jeans either on or off the bike.
Although the J-6 is marketed as a “riding shoe”, I honestly don’t see a lot here that lends itself to protection on a bike. There isn’t any reinforcement in the heel or toe area and the sole isn’t reinforced either. There are armor discs built into the shoe on either side of the ankle, but that’s really about it. I’d recommend this shoe for just street/personal use, or maybe for light duty riding. I’m not saying these aren’t nice shoes, but rather I just don’t see them as being acceptable protection for motorcycling. I’d encourage you to buy these shoes for a night on the town, or for semi dress-up situations. For that, they’ll be great! :: Paul, 09-13-18
Alpinestars says: A highly comfortable, lightweight and contemporary street-styled shoe that features an ergonomic MX-derived ankle guard for protection in key areas, the J-6 is constructed from full grain leather and suede while incorporating a 100% waterproof membrane for excellent levels of weather-proofing.