Alpinestars CR-X Drystar Riding Shoes
A protective riding shoe with unrivalled off-the-bike, all-day walking comfort. The CR-X boasts a running shoe last which provides a ‘snug’ fit coupled with ‘ample inner shoe volume’ to ensure good all-day foot comfort, while the Drystar® waterproof and breathable membrane guarantees effective all-weather performance.
- Drystar® membrane offers effective weather protection in wet conditions.
- The sole unit ‘DROP’ (or, the off-set between heel and toe) is set at 9 mm (many running shoes have a 9 mm drop) to ensure a smooth heel-to-toe transition when walking.
- Features an EVA midsole provides for excellent all-day underfoot comfort.
- Forefoot Flex grooves are engineered into the midsole for enhanced forefoot comfort (the grooves promote flexing in the forefoot area).
- Full-length TPU CE-certified inner sole plate for superior riding protection and a dynamic heel-to-toe transition when walking.
- Asymmetric outsole stud configuration provides excellent levels of grip and abrasion resistance.
- Oil resistant dual rubber compound provides optimized grip on unclean/slippery surfaces.
- Removable Ortholite insock provides long lasting comfort and prevents over heating thanks to the Open Cell PU compound.
- Hidden asymmetric lateral and medial TPU ankle discs for effective but discreet ankle protection.
- Lightweight inner bootie with minimal construction design for a comfortable, glove-like fit.
- Tongue with bellows construction has been designed to remain in position when riding for a snug, secure fit.
- Gear shift zone features a highly abrasive-resistant TPU layer for enhanced durability.
- Internal EVA layer sandwiched between outer and inner materials reduces pressure on the foot in the gear shift area, thus ensuring superior rider comfort.
- According to European statutory law the CE mark is a conformity requirement for the marketing of this product. The following standards apply:
- CE EN13634:2017.
Read on for more details.
These boots are sold in US men’s sizes, so you can choose the size you normally wear in street shoes/boots. The length of the boots seems true to size. And the width feels like a standard width (“D” width) boot. The side buckles have a wide range of adjustability for both the instep and the calf, so in those areas, they should work for just about anybody.
Our Two Cents
The Alpinestars CR-X Drystar riding shoes are a short sneaker type riding shoe with some limited protection.
The CR-X Drystar riding shoes feature a Drystar® membrane to keep your foot dry and allow it to breathe. The styling of this riding shoe is similar to a casual sneaker, but there are several hidden protective features of note. There are discreetly hidden lateral and medial TPU ankle discs, a full-length TPU inner sole plate, and a highly abrasive-resistant TPU layer overlaying an internal EVA layer for comfort.
The lace up system uses a sliding adjuster that locks in place unless the appropriate section of the adjuster is pulled. It’s pretty nifty and works to quickly adjust the fit of the shoes. The remaining portion of the laces can be tucked around the adjuster and the end of the laces there is a hook and loop piece to attach it on the back of the hook and loop strap that closes over the cuff of the boot.
The Alpinestars CR-X Drystar riding shoes are a great option for the urban/commuter rider that wants a waterproof shoe with minor protection features and a sleek and causal style. :: Mike, 10/24/2022