Klim Backcountry Probe A300
Klim Has Issued A Recall On This Item :
We regret to inform you that KLIM has issued a recall on the Backcountry Probe A300. Please stop using the Backcountry Probe A300 immediately. This recall only affects the Backcountry Probe A300 product lot number PO2761 located on the tip of the probe.
KLIM has determined that the Backcountry Probe A300 may fail upon initial deployment and take longer to deploy than intended if an exposed ferrule is deformed or damaged. If this were to occur, the device would not be able to locate a rider in an avalanche as fast as intended, which could result in serious injury if a rider is buried under the snow.
Please stop using the Backcountry Probe A300 immediately and return your product to KLIM by emailing orders@KLIM.com with subject line “A300 Probe Recall” A full refund will be issued.
We are committed to building the best products possible and always work toward improving everyone’s safety in the backcountry this season. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
When seconds count and a victim is trapped under the snow, your avalanche probe needs to be ready in an instant and reliable every time. The Backcountry Probe A300 is engineered with a fast and intuitive plunger-style handle, a coated steel cable and specially tapered pole ferrules to make deployment as fast as possible. This design also eliminates a loose cable and other snag points to reduce time-wasting hangups. Color-coded markings along the 300cm length probe are easily readable for snowpack testing and depth measurement. Add the Backcountry Probe A300 to your kit and improve safety for yourself and your riding buddies.
- 300CM LENGTH
- 12MM TUBE DIAMETER
- 7075 T7 AIRCRAFT GRADE ALUMINUM W/ SOLID ALUMINUM TIP
- GLOVE-FRIENDLY NYLON DEPLOYMENT HANDLE
- FAST PLUNGER-STYLE DEPLOYMENT W/ LOCKING MECHANISM
- SPEED FERRULES (TAPERED POLE ENDS) FOR FAST DEPLOYMENT
- GLOVE-FRIENDLY ALUMINUM LOCK LEVERS
- BRAIDED STAINLESS STEEL DEPLOYMENT CABLE WITH URETHANE COATING
- NON-SNAG LOW PROFILE LOCK LEVERS AND HANDLE FOR ACCESSIBILITY DURING EMERGENCY
- PLUNGER-STYLE DEPLOYMENT SYSTEM FOR SMALLER COLLAPSED SIZE (THAN TRADITIONAL CABLE PULL STYLE)
- HIGH-CONTRAST DEPTH GAUGE
- COLOR-CODED DEPTH MARKINGS FOR SNOW PIT EXTENDED COLUMN TESTING (ECT): 30CM, 90CM, 100CM, 200CM
- COLLAPSED LENGTH: 42CM
- COMPATIBLE WITH KLIM RPD RAPID PROBE DEPLOYMENT BACKPACK SYSTEMS