Motonation Apparel Revolver Perforated Leather Pants
- Perforated leather panels help to keep the rider cool in any condition
- Soft and pliable 1.2mm (non-impact) to 1.4mm (impact areas) premium matte finished leather construction for optimum protection, durability and comfort
- Replaceable foam hip pad inserts for comfort
- CE approved knee protectors. EN 1621-level 1
- Pre curved legs for a perfect look, fit and for maximum riding comfort
- Multiple stitched seam construction for maximum tear resistance
- World famous YKK zippers with long leather zipper pulls
- Two front hand warmer pockets
- Accordion leather-Spandex stretch panels are located above the knees and above the buttocks area for the finest non-binding fit possible
- Waist connection zippers for pant attachment, short and 360 degree
- Replaceable and adjustable knee pucks
- Hook and loop secured strap at the top of the main zipper
- A highly breathable and elastic fabric is used in the waist, crotch and down to above the knee and also behind the knee for maximum comfort
We measured a selection of these pants and found the waist sizes to be pretty accurate, so our advice would be to choose a size based upon your measured waist size. For most, that will be one or two inches larger than jeans (since most jeans are “vanity sized”). Sport pants like this ride on your waist a little higher than most jeans, so when you measure, put the take about 1” below the navel. With the wide elastic, I’d estimate the pants will accommodate waist size one inch either side of the stated size.
These pants have wide elastic panels of the sides of the waist, so they’ll stretch quite a bit. This style of waist is most commonly found on the pants of a 2pc suit setup. The idea is that you’ll be zipping these pants to a jacket which will help hold the pants up and the elastic gives a lot of comfort when sitting in the riding position. I recommend that you plan on zipping these pants to a compatible jacket. If you want to adapt the pant zipper to your own jacket, the pants come with the mating half of the zipper that is installed on the waist of the pants. You can also wear suspenders. But just wearing the pants alone over a shirt will probably result in plumber’s butt when you bend over in your motorcycle seat.
The inseam on these sport pants measure out at about 30” which is typical for sport pants like this which are designed to be worn inside sport/race boots. I found the fit better suit those with an average to short inseam. I don’t think they’ll work for somebody who typically buys pants longer than about 32” inseam. The length from crotch to knee just isn’t long enough for tall people.
Our Two Cents
The Revolver perforated leather pants are a great, value priced “entry level” street race pant. The leather is thick and the expansion panels and stretch materials make them comfortable in the tuck position.
About Motonation gear: Motonation is a US distributor of many brands of motorcycle apparel and accessories in the US. One of their top brands is Sidi boots. They WERE the distributor for AGV Sport gear for many years before AGV Sport exited the US market in 2017. For 2018 Motonation developed their own line of gear to fill that niche.
The leather used in these pants is heavyduty enough and a more the half the surface area of the pant is perforated, so the pants should be reasonably comfortable in hot weather. Please take note of my sizing advice though… the inseam length of the pants limits their use to average to shorter riders. The armor used in these pants is standard stuff… CE molded units in the knees and foam in the hips. The pants come with some removable/replaceable knee sliders too, so there is nothing else to buy.
Please consider the info about the waist band construction in the fit advice. You’ll want to wear the pants with the idea you’ll zip them to a jacket to make a 2pc suit. OR plan on wearing suspenders. Either way, the pants have a very comfortable waist band design. The pants do have a couple zip-close pockets in front so that makes them a bit more street friendly.
Overall, these pants are pretty nice for the money. The leather quality is very good and the construction quality is good. And paired with the AGV jacket (see link below), you’l have a pretty nice 2pc setup for not a lot of money. :: Paul, 06-25-18
Motonation says: The Revolver pant is ready for any ride, on the track or around the local mountains the Revolver leather pants are perfect for sport bike riding. Constructed of rugged, high quality leather, the Revolver has CE armor in the knees, plus knee sliders and stretch panels in the thighs, knees and back. There’s also a 360-degree jacket to pant zipper and adjustable hook-and-loop waist straps.