Alpinestars SM8 Squad 20 Limited Edition Helmet
Alpinestars Supertech S-M8 Squad 20 Limited Edition Helmet. The Alpinestars SM-8 helmet incorporates the latest technological advances and is characterized by being very lightweight, comfortable and ventilated. Stands out for incorporating the MIPS protection system and the innovative A-Head technology, which allows you a very custom interior fit. The visor has been designed to detach in case of a possible fall.
- Lightweight multi-composite combination shell: uni-directional carbon composite with an aramid layer
- Shell layers with an epoxy resin bonding for limited outer shell deflection so that the energy spreads wider and is better absorbed by the EPS liner Four shell sizes
- Multi-density EPS polymer liner four section construction that allows for specific densities of polymer to be prepared for different zones around the helmet lining
- Patented A-Head fit system allows the M8 to be tuned exactly to the riders preference with a micro-adjustable pad that is connected to the inner shell
- Patented visor release system ensures the peak detaches from the helmet if subjected to a significant impact while maintaining shell integrity
- Base of the S-M8 has been sculpted for collarbone protection and includes an energy absorbing pad
- MIPS incorporated to reduce rotation motion energy with a low-friction slip layer between the comfort liner and the multi-density polymer energy absorption shell
- Emergency Release System cheek pads
- Designed to allow a helmet eject inflation system to be fitted into the inside crown of the shell (sold separately)
- Wide 26mm chin strap
- Visor designed to direct air flow along with intake and exhaust vents
- Hydration compatible
- Removable and washable Coolmax liner DOT and ECE certified
Read on for more details.
Below is a size chart provided by Alpinestars for this product.
|Helmet Size||Head Measurement (inches)||Head Measurement (cm)|
|XS||20.8 to 21.2||53 to 54|
|Small||21.6 to 22||55 to 56|
|Medium||22.4 to 22.8||57 to 58|
|Large||23.2 to 23.6||59 to 60|
|XL||24 to 24.4||61 to 62|
|XXL||24.8 to 25.2||63 to 64|
Need help choosing the right shape and size helmet for your own noggin?
Learn about the LidPicker!