Alpinestars Corozal Adventure Drystar Boots
- Depending on the color you choose, the upper is constructed from either PU coated leather on lower medial panel (the Black color) or full grain oiled leather on the lower medial panel (the Brown color). Both have heat press texture for superior grip
- Front and rear bellow made with lightweight microfiber for more durability and abrasion resistance
- Rear reflective insert for improved visibility
- Extended PU coated leather gaiter helps seal out excessive water and dirt entry; rear gaiter includes rubber insert for flexibility and comfort
- TPU shin plate and calf plate offer support and resistance for impacts
- Bio-mechanical lateral “flexi-blade” system provides excellent front and rear movement while offering support and protection to the ankle
- TPU shift pad made with technical texture for added grip plus foam padding underneath for better comfort
- Wide entry aperture for convenience with Velcro® upper closure flap to allow broad ranging calf fit adjustment
- TPU double density ankle protector on medial side for protection
- New closure system includes 2 polymer buckles with an innovative closure system
- This closure includes a ratchet with memory and a quick release/locking system with self-aligning design for easy, precise closure; all buckles are replaceable
- Soft foam surrounding the ankles and collar offers comfort and shock absorbing performance
- Drystar® membrane layer between upper and lining for proven performance in difficult weather conditions
- Toe box and heel counter reinforcements are layered under the upper
- PP insole with steel shank co-injected for excellent feel and safety
- Alpinestars exclusive vulcanized rubber compound for optimal combination of comfort and grip
- Replaceable anatomical EVA footbed with Lycra® lining on top
- Corozal Drystar® boot is CE certified to EN 13634:2010
Read on for more details.
These boots are sold in US men’s sizes, so you can choose the size you normally wear in street shoes/boots. I would say these are a standard width (“D” width) boot. The side buckles have a wide range of adjustability, which should work for most anybody.
Our Two Cents
With most adventure boots of this type, I take them out of the box sorta dreading putting them on, adjusting the buckles, etc, but WOW, these boots are so much easier and more comfortable than previous ones I’ve tried. The buckle system is new (new to me at least) and works so much better than ones in the past. And the straps are easy to adjust for length. The rest of the closure is a large Velcro close area at the top which will give you lots of adjustment around the calf area.
The insides of the boots are lightly padded, smooth and comfortable. I really like the way they feel right out of the box. The boots, overall feel REALLY substantial, but when they are on, they don’t feel nearly as clunky as you might think.
The sole is a very thick, heavy duty and stiff rubber unit that is bonded to the boot (not stitched like some off road types). If you are vertically challenged, you’ll gain some extra height! (see our close up photos for shaft height, sole thickness, etc).
The boots have an integral waterproof lining and the gaiter across the closure comes up most of the shaft height, so you should get very good waterproofing.
Overall, I’m a fan of these boots. And the price seems very reasonable for the quality and the great fit. :: Paul, 11-16-15