Tourmaster Trailbreak Glove for Women
- Supple, durable, abrasion-resistant goatskin leather construction.
- Pre-curved fingers and palm for maximum comfort.
- Accordion stretch panels for increased mobility reducing rider fatigue.
- Stretch softshell fourchettes for added comfort and protection from the elements.
- Ergonomically shaped carbon fiber TPU knuckle protection.
- Superfabric® palm slider and top finger protectors.
- Cowhide reinforced leather palm and pinky overlays.
- Waterproof YKK® zippered gusset and TPR hook and loop closure.
- Touchscreen compatible index finger and thumb.
- Soft polyester tricot lining.
These gloves fit comparably to other major brands of gloves, so select the size you normally wear.
Our Two Cents
The Tour Master Trailbreak glove is new for 2021. It is part of their “Horizon Line” which is aimed at adventure riders. This glove is all goat leather with a comfortable liner and good protection over the knuckles and in the palm of the hand. This glove is available in both men’s and women’s sizes. A waterproof version is available too for both men and women. Take the link below to view the other gender/colors/versions.
I think this glove has a “retro” feel. Maybe not so much in all the colors, but I’m looking at the sand/grey color today and I really like the style. The quilting across the back of the hand along with the red accents looks sharp.
The knuckles have a really sturdy armor unit over them and in the heel of the hand, there are a couple of wear pads made of Superfabric, which is an excellent material to promote sliding should you fall and reach out and hit the pavement with the palms of your hands. Sliding on the moving pavement is better than grabbing which promotes a twist action.
The inside of this glove is really comfortable since it is fully lined with soft nylon material. The wrist is tapered and has a short zipper entrance. There is also a Velcro closure to adjust the fit, but it didn’t really do much for me. But with the zip closed, the gloves stay securely on your hand. I would have preferred a functional Velcro tab closure, but this works too.
The waterproof version of this glove features an integrated waterproof liner and it also has a built in squeegee strip on the left thumb to wipe your shield. The waterproof version is sold on its own product pages in black only for men or women and is priced with only a $5 adder as compared to the standard glove. If you ride in wet weather, or in cooler weather, this version may work better for you. In warm weather though, it won’t be as comfortable as the non-waterproof version.
Overall a nice glove with good protection features for a very reasonable price. :: Paul, 05-27-21