Alpinestars Stella S Max Drystar Gloves
- CE-certified (CAT II Level 1 KP).
- Anatomically profiled for an optimized female fit.
- Short sport glove constructed from a mixture of leather and stretch mesh.
- Drystar® waterproof and breathable technology.
- Covered hard knuckle with padded finger for better protection.
- Hook and loop wrist closure flap.
- Side reinforcements for added protection.
- Thumb and palm reinforcement for superior grip.
- Ergonomic stretch insert on palm for added comfort.
- Touchscreen compatible fingertips.
Read on for more details.
The fit of Alpinestars gloves are very consistent from one model to the next. And overall, they fit a bit small as compared to other brands we carry such as FirstGear, Tour Master, etc. It’s not enough to recommend that you buy a larger size (especially if a snug fit is preferred) but it is noticeable enough to say that if you are sometimes between sizes, then you should probably choose the larger of the two. Hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
The Alpinestars S Max Drystar gloves are a new short cuff design for spring and fall used in light rain conditions. These short cuff gloves should be easy to wear for street riders.
If you ride in mild weather but like a light weight glove, this might be the one. This is a short cuff glove with a built in waterproof liner. Granted, waterproof construction in a short cuff glove will only go so far to keep your hands dry because rain will eventually enter around the short cuff, but they should work in lighter rain situations and the waterproof liner will naturally give a wind-blocking effect which will be welcome in cooler weather.
The back of the hand is fabric and the palm is leather. The wrist closes with a Velcro tab. The inside of the glove is lined with a soft fleecy material that will give just a touch of additional insulation, and be very comfortable to wear. The knuckles are covered by a molded armor unit that is hidden under the fabric.
Overall a nice glove for moderate temp riding with some moderate protection against a shower too. Please note, this glove is available in both men’s and women’s sizes, so take the link below to buy the other gender. These aren’t expensive at all, so they look like a reasonable deal to me. :: Paul, 09-24-19