Alpinestars Stella Faster 3 Drystar Shoes For Women
- Engineered specifically for women.
- Main upper material combination of advanced microfiber, PU suede and seamless thermo-welded microfiber for durability and abrasion resistance.
- Air ventilation details on lateral quarter with mesh openings for breathability.
- New TPR heel counter design ensures additional lateral support and security.
- Asymmetric toe design gives protection on shift area.
- Traditional lace closure system for an easy, secure and comfortable fit.
- Lateral adjustable hook and loop closure system with TPR strap for increased security.
- Tongue and collar padding provides high levels of comfort and fit around the ankle and instep.
- Internal toe box and heel counter reinforcement is layered under the upper for a more ergonomic design.
- Drystar® membrane within chassis gives 100% performance against wet penetration.
- Replaceable anatomical EVA footbed with Lycra lining on top.
- Extremely lightweight, specifically compounded, rubber sole provides textured grip, excellent absorption and features an integrated support shank for enhanced sole rigidity.
- Faster-3 Drystar® shoe is CE-certified to EN 13634:2017.
- Medial dual density ankle protectors are applied between the upper and padded lining to provide strategic protection and flexibility in key areas.
- TPR slider detail on lateral toe box gives improved flex and protection.
Read on for more details.
We tried on a selection of sizes in the Faster shoe and found them to fit true to size, so our advice is to choose the size you normally wear in street shoes. The width is “medium” or C/D.
Note: In past years, we found the Faster shoes to fit small by about one size, so we are pleased that these new Faster 3 shoes fit more true to size.
Our Two Cents
New for 2019 is a series of shoes called the Faster 3. These are available for both men and women and come in three version… a solid microfiber, a solid microfiber with a Drystar waterproof liner and finally a “rideknit” version built with breathable mesh material to make them comfortable in hot summer months. Here’s a rundown on the versions available:
The standard Faster 3: This shoe is an upgraded version of the Faster and the Faster V2 from years past. The upper material on this shoe is a solid microfiber material. It will be good for mild and dry weather use. Available in both men’s a women’s sizes/colors.
The Faster 3 Rideknit: The Rideknit in the name of this version refers to the breathable panels on the side of the shoe. Basically some of the solid microfiber is substituted with a sturdy breathable mesh fabric. Air blows literally right through the rideknit panels, so this version would be the choice for use in summer months and in dry weather (not waterproof). The Faster 3 Rideknit is available for men only.
The Faster 3 Drystar: A waterproof layer is added behind the solid microfiber upper in this boot to keep water from coming in around the shoe. The waterproof shoes don’t vent/breathe as well as the standard Faster 3 or certainly not as well as the Rideknit shoe, so choose this shoe if you think you’ll be riding in wet weather or if you want a more “airtight” shoe for cooler weather. Note: a relatively short shoes like this won’t keep your feet dry if water comes over the tops of the shoe, so the waterproofing ability is inherently limited by the height and will be much less effective than a taller waterproof boot. Available in both men’s a women’s sizes/colors.
The Faster 3 is a highly styled sport riding shoe. This design is based heavily on Alpinestar’s experience in race driving shoes, which you can see in the low profile design. I’ve tried on this “3” version as well as the previous versions and I find the innersole of these new boots to be thicker and more comfortable than the previous ones. The shoe is styled to make the sole look VERY thin, but they don’t feel that way wearing them. The overall comfort in wearing this shoe is excellent. The laces give ample adjustability and there is a strap at the top of the laces to help hold the laces in (away from moving parts). The insides of the boots are well padded and trimmed. I especially like how the back of the boot is deeply scalloped to make walking/shifting easy.
I’d characterize the overall protection scheme of this shoe to be “light”, but better than versions in the past. This is a highly styled sport shoe, so the sides of the boot wrap down to a thin sole, so they can’t provide the same protection that a more robust sole, meaning one that sticks out wider than your foot. The toe box is reinforced, but only about 1” back from the tip. On each side of the ankle, there is an embedded armor disc which will help absorb impacts that might hit the ankles from either side. The reinforcement around the heel area is definitely better than in past version and they’ve rolled the sole up the back of the heel cup to add a bit more beef. I’d say the heel and ankle areas are comparable to an average touring boot.
The Faster 3 line of shoes is somewhat unique in our lineup… they are one of many “shoe” styles, but one with very sporty styling where most of the other shoes are more casual. Please take the links below to view the sizes/colors of the other four versions for men and women. :: Paul, 04-03-19
Alpinestars says: Featuring new performance innovations adapted from decades of R&D experience in the highest level of motorsports, the Stella Faster-3 Drystar® Shoe is lightweight and incorporates class-leading protective features, both inside and outside which have been formed around a female specific foot shape. The Stella Faster-3 Shoe is constructed from a lightweight, durable microfiber chassis and incorporates Alpinestars Drystar® 100% waterproof membrane for excellent performance in wet weather conditions.