Motonation Apparel Bandido Textile Jacket
- Multi-layer Dura Guard textile jacket that is 100% windproof and waterproof with high abrasion resistance for optimum protection, durability, and comfort.
- Constructed with a zip-in removable waterproof and breathable Reissa membrane with heat sealed seams.
- 100% Polyester anti-bacterial fixed mesh lining.
- Removable and washable 75-gram thermal insulating liner.
- Removable high impact CE approved dual-density protective armor on elbows and shoulders.
- 8mm thick memory foam back pad.
- Extra padding at crucial areas.
- Eight zippered air vents are positioned on the sleeves, shoulders, chest and lower back.
- Micro-Fabric and neoprene is used in the collar for maximum rider comfort.
- Anti-chafing neoprene cuffs are designed to be comfortable and to stop water ingress and feature 2-way zippers for additional air flow.
- Reflective piping and panels are used on the front, back, and sleeves of the jacket for additional safety.
- Multiple stitched seam construction for maximum tear resistance.
- Hook & loop and snap secured wind/water flap over the main entry zipper.
- World famous YKK zippers with long zipper pulls used throughout.
- 8-inch YKK waist connection zipper for pant attachment.
- Hook & loop secured cuffs.
- A long tail is featured for full back coverage in all situations.
- Two interior pockets including a waterproof wallet pocket on the shell and an interior mobile phone pocket.
- Two front hand warmer pockets with zipper closures.
- Adjustable snap waist tabs.
- Additional hook and loop collar tie back for riding comfortably with the collar open
- Hook & loop and snap secured wind flap over the main two-way entry zipper.
- Hook & loop sleeve gathers for a perfect fit with or without the inner liners.
We put the size Medium on Huey and the XL on Dewey and both fit just a bit on the large side. We also found the jackets to run big by measuring. Our primary sizing advice would be to order one size smaller than you usually wear in men’s clothing.
You can also choose a size based upon your chest and belly measurements by using the chart below. The max belly for any given size is about 2” less than the stated chest size. Choose a jacket size that is big enough for both your chest and belly.
The fit of this jacket can be adjusted both at the waist and in the sleeve bicep size. The sleeve adjusters are there so you can snug down the sleeve to better hold the armor in place and also to prevent any flapping at high speeds.
|Jacket Size||Our Estimated
Our Two Cents
The Bandido Textile Jacket is a very affordable, but full featured textile sport jacket. It includes armor and zippered venting and a thermal liner to cover most seasons.
About Motonation gear: Motonation is a US distributor of many brands of motorcycle apparel and accessories in the US. One of their top brands is Sidi boots. They WERE the distributor for AGV Sport gear for many years before AGV Sport exited the US market in 2017. For 2018 Motonation developed their own line of gear to fill that niche.
This jacket is a classic street style. It has a shorter waist favored by street and sport riders. The overall fit is more “American” than European so most riders will find the jacket to be roomy and comfortable for everyday use.
The shell is solid textile of medium weight with heavier overlays in the elbow and shoulder areas. The shell itself is not a waterproof material, but the jacket comes with a “dual stage” removable liner. One stage is the windproof/waterproof liner and then there is a thermal liner as well. You can use one, or the other or both. And they are both “full sleeve” liners rather than vest liner, so using both liners will take you into the winter months. And then of course you’ll have the waterproof liner that will cut the wind in cooler weather and also keep rain out in wet weather.
For warmer weather, you can leave both liners behind and use the zip vents that are built in to the jacket’s shell. There are a total of 8 vents in front… one pair each for the sleeve, chest, bicep and shoulder. And then there are two exhaust vents in back. So this jacket really covers most of the bases for most people I’d say it is close to a four season design with the possible exception of the hottest summer days.
The pricing on this jacket is pretty remarkable in my opinion. No, its quality doesn’t stack up the our premium brands, but it sure compares to many of our popular affordable brands such as Tour Master and (the previous) AGV Sport. This is a very well appointed jacket for money! :: Paul, 06-05-18
Motonation says: _The Bandido is a stylish cool weather jacket this is 100% windproof and waterproof. It features six easily accessible zip open air vents for warm weather riding, and a full body removable thermal liner for cooler temps. The pre-curved arms offer maximum comfort and the CE shoulder and elbow protectors deliver additional safety. _