Alpinestars Devon Airflow Leather Jacket (46 Or 58 Only)
- Highly durable, full grain 1.1mm leather main construction for superb abrasion resistance, with reinforced, multiple stitching for optimum tear resistance in the event of an impact
- Incorporating extensive front and rear perforation torso panels for unparalleled airflow and internal cooling comfort
- Removable CE interior shoulder and elbow protectors for class-leading safety
- Chest and back compartments supplied with removable comfort poly-foam inserts, which are removable to allow accessory upgrade of CE certified Nucleon protection (sold separately)
- Strategically positioned poly-fabric stretch panels on underarm and back for excellent fit in the riding position
- Multi-panel lining works in conjunction with outer stretch zones for greater freedom of movement
- 3D mesh inserts for improved fit and comfort
- Removable thermal liner jacket means garment can be worn in cooler conditions
- Extended rear lumbar area ensures maximum material coverage of the lower back at all times
- Cuff closures incorporate YKK semi-auto locking zips for secure and customizable fit
- Pre-curved sleeve construction helps prevent riding fatigue and aids performance fit
- Waist circumference VELCRO® brand and D-ring closure for secure and personalized closure
- Reflective detailing on front and back for improved rider visibility
- Mesh and comfort textile collar, plus snap button closure for comfort
This product is sold in European sizes. We measured a selection of these jackets and also tried them on our Fit Check mannequins. The overall sizing of the jackets is accurate to the Alpinestars sizing chart for overall chest size (US chest size in inches is 10 points less than the European jacket size). I’d suggest you measure yourself with a tape and get your chest size, and if you have a bit of a belly you can also check your max belly. If you know your suit coat size, that works too. Then you can use the size chart to pick the smallest size jacket that will be big enough for both your chest and belly using the chart below.
This is a sport cut jacket and fits close to the body. The taper from chest to waist is about 4” which is not as aggressive as a full-on race jacket (which can taper as much as 8” from chest to waist. With a “drop” of about 4”, the fit will be easier for those with an average to muscular build. But even if you are more trim, the jackets have well-functioning tabs at the waist so you can tailor the fit to your own waist size.
To also help with those that have a more broad chest, this model has a great deal of flexible fabric material in the underarm and behind the shoulders. And those stretch areas really do stretch a lot.
|Euro Size||Max Chest Size (inches)||Max Belly Size (inches)|
Sizing Tip for Those Using Upgraded Armor: Adding chest or back armor to this jacket will change the fit. To account for that, I’d advise you to add one inch to your chest measurement if you plan to add either the Nucleon KR-1i or 2i back protector. Add another inch if you want to add the chest protectors. If you plan to add the KR-R racing back protector, add 2” (instead of 1” for the KR-1i/2i back pads).