Alpinestars GP Tech Leather Jacket
- 1.2-1.4mm genuine cow leather
- CE certified protectors in the shoulders and elbows
- Race proven in MotoGP and WSBK external PU slider protectors
- MotoGP profile, perforated, back hump for improved aerodynamic and ventilation performance
- Large accordion stretch panels helps movement and comfort
- Multi-panel liner construction and 3D mesh inserts to improve comfort and ventilation
- Stretch panels on sleeves, chest and back to further improve fit and feel
- Pre-curved sleeve
- Waist adjustment VELCRO® brand closures straps
- Zippered hand pocket
- Inner waterproof wallet pocket
- Chest pad compartments with PE padding (Alpinestars Bionic chest pads available as accessory upgrade)
- Multiple snap button system to integrate the Level 2 CE certified Alpinestars Bionic Back protector (sold separately)
- 3D mesh soft collar construction
- Waist connection zipper to attach to Alpinestars riding pants
- Long sleeve windproof liner included
Check out these similar products:
This product is sold in European sizes. We measured a selection of these jackets. The overall sizing of the jackets is accurate to the Alpinestars sizing chart for overall chest size (US chest size in inches is 10 points less than the European jacket size). I’d suggest you measure yourself with a tape and get your chest size, and if you have a bit of a belly you can also check your max belly. If you know your suit coat size, that works too. Then you can use the size chart to pick the smallest size jacket that will be big enough for both your chest and belly using the chart below.
This is a sport cut jacket. First of all, the taper from chest to belly is less than other sport/race styles. Full on race jackets will have a “drop” from chest to waist of about 8”, but this one drops about 4” which means you’ll get a good fit if you are average to stocky or muscular. But even if you are more trim, the jackets have well-functioning tabs at the waist so you can tailor the fit to your own waist size.
To also help with those that have a more broad chest, this model has a great deal of flexible fabric material in the underarm and behind the shoulders. And those stretch areas really do stretch a lot.
|Euro Size||Max Chest Size (inches)||Max Belly Size (inches)|
Sizing Tip for Those Using Upgraded Armor: Swapping the foam back pad in the jacket for the Nucleon KR-2i back pad doesn’t change the fit a lot. But if you add the chest pads AND the KR-2i, then you’ll want to add 1 or 2 inches to your chest measurement for the purpose of choosing a size. If you are planning on the Bionic Race back protection AND the chest pads, then add 2 full inches to your chest measurement.