Cortech Impulse ST Gloves
- Top-Grain perforated and nonperforated cowhide leather construction
- Double stitched seams and double layered leather in the impact areas
- Silicone printed anti-slip throttle guard in the palm
- TPU molded polyurethane knuckle and finger protectors
- TPU molded slider on outside of palm adds additional impact protection and abrasion resistance
- Impact absorbing foam on the top of the hand, fingers and palm help protect the hand
- Pre-Curved palm and fingers combine with finger expansion panels to reduce hand fatigue and improve dexterity
- Soft, moisture-wicking polyester lining keeps the hand dry
These gloves are consistent with the major American based brands we carry such as FirstGear, Tour Master, Joe Rocket, etc, so hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Just as an FYI, you may have previous experience with European designed brands such as Alpinestars and REV’IT! which run about one half size smaller, size-for-size, than the American brands. It is not a universally true fact, but generally holds for most styles. So if a particular size in either of those brands is roomy on you, then you may be able to go down one full size in this style.
Our Two Cents
These Impulse ST gloves look like a good choice for a full leather short cuff sport glove. They have many features you’d find on a race glove, but of course without the long gauntlet. Lots of people like the short gauntlet because of convenience in wear and storing. The short cuff gloves won’t have an interference with your jacket sleeve and they can easily be rolled or folded into a smaller space such as a hand warmer pocket on your jacket.
This glove is all leather. The back of the hand on the inside is lined with a soft comfy material and the palm is unlined for improved feel through the leather for the controls. The gloves have lots of crash-worthy features. Most notably is the molded knuckle guard and also there is a substantial palm slider. The palm slider is there to encourage sliding of your hand on the ground rather than grabbing and twisting. And of course the slider material will slide a lot longer than plain leather which would rub through quicker.
This glove has externally stitched fingers, meaning the stitches for the fingers is on the outside and with this setup, the cut edges of the glove are to the outside instead of inside the fingers, and it is much more comfortable to wear this way. Take the “View Larger Images” link above to see our photo gallery with close-ups.
Overall a nice glove with a good feel and fit. The price is good too. :: Paul, 09-04-15