Cortech Chicane ST Gloves
- Genuine goat leather backhand
- Clarino™ palm
- Leather palm and pinky overlays
- Perforated backhand, fingers, and thumb
- Pre-curved fingers for increased comfort
- Silicone-printed, anti-slip throttle guard on the palm
- Foam padding on heel of palm
- Accordion paneling across fingers, thumb, and backhand
- TPU knuckle protector
- TPR finger knuckle protectors
- Neoprene cuff
- Hook and loop wrist strap closure
- Touchscreen compatible index finger and thumb
We found these gloves to fit as expected but the fingers run a bit on the shorter side as compared to most US based brands. The shortness is not so noticeable that we’d advise you to buy one size larger, but if you are sometimes in between sizes, your best shot would be to choose larger. Hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
The Chicane ST glove is part of Cortech’s Speedway collection. It has a short cuff but otherwise is very sporty in appearance.
The Chicane ST has a perforated goat leather on the back of the hand with a vented hard TPU knuckle and TPR on the finger knuckles. The cuff is soft and stretchable neoprene with a rubberized hook and loop wrist strap. The palm is Clarino™, which is a synthetic suede-like material with improved abrasion resistance over natural leather. There are leather overlays in the palm over padded sections, down the pinky, and a silicone-printed panel through the center of the palm so you can keep a good grip on the throttle even in wet conditions.
These gloves have an aggressive, sporty look to them and should work well for anyone that needs a short cuff glove that will perform in hot to warm weather. The perforations in the leather will provide some airflow when you’re moving so they should keep you cool, though not as cool as a full mesh style glove. :: Mike, 01/07/22