Alpinestars Gareth Leather Gloves
- Goat Nappa leather construction for high levels of abrasion resistance and comfort.
- Nyspan on the lower fourchettes for enhanced levels of flexibility and accordions with SKY PU for slim profile.
- Rubber grip zone for excellent levels of grip and additional protection against abrasion and cuts.
- PVC covered knuckle for enhanced protection against impacts.
- Rolling palm construction avoids side dreams being exposed in the event of a fall.
- Back hand accordion panel and stretch cuff panel provide optimal levels of flexibility.
- Leather wrist strap for a safe and secure closure on top of hand.
- Ergonomic thumb for optimized freedom of movement and flexibility.
- Ergonomic stretch insert for enhanced stretch in the palm and additional comfort.
- Multi-media compatible index finger.
- Slim wrist construction ensures the glove sits better within the sleeves of a jacket.
- Strategically positioned perforations on fingers and palm for enhanced airflow.
- According to European statutory law the CE mark is a conformity requirement for the marketing of this product. The following standards apply to this product:
- EN 13594 2015, Level 1 KP.
The fit of Alpinestars gloves has a snug fit much like other European brands you know such as REVIT and Dainese. American brands like Joe Rocket, Klim, and Olympia fit more roomy by comparison. The snug fit is not enough to recommend that you buy a larger size (especially if a snug fit is preferred) but it is noticeable enough to say that if you are sometimes between sizes, then you should probably choose the larger of the two. Hopefully, you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
Alpinestars Gareth leather gloves are a good looking leather glove for street riders. They feel secure but aren’t sport styled.
Most of this glove is made of medium weight leather. There are a few stretch zones built in to provide flexibility and a little bit of airflow too. You can see those on both sides of all the fingers, between the thumb and hand, and on the bottom side of the wrist.
The knuckles are fitted with a solid protector below the leather which gives good coverage for the back of the hand. The heel of the hand has one additional bit of padding. The wrist closes securely with a wide Velcro strap which will keep them the gloves on your hands in case of a fall. The cuff extends down the wrist enough to cover your wrist all the way around which will be welcome if your jacket sleeves ride up a bit on the bike so you don’t get sun/windburn.
The overall vibe I get with this glove is “dressy”. It’s got a sleek all-black look and is nicely tailored to fit close to the hand. It has protection features but all are subdued. People who commute should like this style. When you get where you are going, you won’t look too sporty. :: Paul, 06-01-20
Alpinestars says: The Gareth Leather Glove features a goat Nappa leather construction for high levels of abrasion resistance and comfort. Incorporating a slim wrist construction to ensure the glove sits better within the sleeves of a jacket, it also has a PVC covered knuckle for enhanced protection against impacts and a touchscreen compatible index finger.