Alpinestars Diesel Shotaro Gloves
- Stretch fabric construction for low weight and high levels of breathability.
- Synthetic suede palm for enhanced abrasion resistance.
- Stretch fourchette for optimized flexibility and breathability.
- Rubber grip zone for excellent levels of grip and additional protection against abrasion and cuts.
- PVC covered hard knuckle for enhanced protection against impacts.
- Webbing wrist strap for a safe and secure closure.
- EN 13594 2015, Level 1 KP.
- Ergonomic thumb for optimized freedom of movement and flexibility.
- Ergonomic stretch insert for enhanced stretch in the palm and additional comfort.
- Multi-media compatible index finger.
- Slim wrist construction ensures the glove sits better within the sleeves of a jacket.
- Maze pattern heat stamp on palm for enhanced protection against abrasion and cuts.
- Stretch mesh construction on full back hand for breathability.
The fit of Alpinestars gloves are very consistent from one model to the next. And overall, they fit a bit small as compared to other brands we carry such as FirstGear, Tour Master, etc. It’s not enough to recommend that you buy a larger size (especially if a snug fit is preferred) but it is noticeable enough to say that if you are sometimes between sizes, then you should probably choose the larger of the two. Hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
The Alpinestars Diesel Shotaro Gloves are a lightweight “urban” style motorcycle glove. They offer a molded knuckle protector and extra padding in the palm.
This glove will be ideal for fair and mild weather use. The back of the hand is a stretchy fabric that will breathe well and the palm is made of a synthetic leather material with a neat printed geometric shape. The glove has a little longer cuff so it will cover your wrist and keep you from getting a sunburn if your shirt/jacket sleeve is a bit short.
I tried to figure out what the number and letter, etc mean. The only thing I could figure out is that the styling is part of a partnership between Alpinestars and DIESEL (the clothing brand in Italy). If you know what A00-6391 or O.T.BRV means, let me know. :: Paul, 04-23-21
Alpinestars says: The AS-DSL Shotaro Glove features a stretch fabric construction for low weight and high levels of breathability and a synthetic suede palm for enhanced abrasion resistance; perfect for urban riding. This glove also boasts a wealth of rider-friendly touches including a slim wrist construction for an optimized fit within the sleeves of a jacket, a covered hard knuckle for effective protection against impacts, and a touchscreen compatible index finger for use with GPS systems and smartphones.