Alpinestars Booster Glove
The multi-panel Booster Glove is made from premium leather and incorporates an over-molded hard-knuckle guard for optimized levels of protection. Featuring Alpinestars’ stretch palm insert as well as grip panels the Booster provides excellent sensitivity on the bike’s controls.
- Constructed from durable goat leather associated with high abrasion resistant stretch polyester fabric.
- Innovative microfiber and PU grip panels strategically position on palm and thumb for excellent levels of grip control and durability.
- Premium, full-grain leather palm construction is durable and offers excellent abrasion resistance.
- Alpinestars’ exclusive ergonomic stretch insert between palm and thumb offers improved range of hand movement and greater sensitivity while operating the bike controls.
- Accordion stretch inserts on fingers and back hand for all-round movement and comfort.
- Alpinestars’ patented third and fourth finger bridge prevents seam failure and finger separation in the event of a slide.
- Molded hard-knuckle protector provides impact and abrasion protection. Guard is reinforced on the interior side with thick EVA foam for improved levels of fit, comfort and shock absorption.
- Palm, thumb and fingers padded with energy absorbing EVA foam for additional protection.
- Wrist flap with velcro on cuff provides a secure closure.
- Little finger side wall suede reinforcement for abrasion resistance.
- Touchscreen compatible index fingertip and thumb allow the use of smartphone and GPS systems.
- Pre-curved finger construction reduces rider fatigue while offering excellent comfort and fit.
The fit of Alpinestars gloves are very consistent from one model to the next. And overall, they fit a bit small as compared to other brands we carry such as FirstGear, Tour Master, etc. It’s not enough to recommend that you buy a larger size (especially if a snug fit is preferred) but it is noticeable enough to say that if you are sometimes between sizes, then you should probably choose the larger of the two. Hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
The Alpinestars Booster glove is their “entry level” short cuff street glove. These gloves are very light and comfortable because they are a combination of textiles and synthetic leather on the back of the hand. And even though they are full leather in the palms, they should breath reasonably well because of the fabrics used on the back of the hand.
These gloves have the same molded knuckle protection you find on many Alpinestars race gloves. And you’ll find extra leather coverage in the heel of the hand and alongside the pinkie which are both areas of probable abrasion damage in case you fall. The wrist closes with a simple Velcro close strap. These gloves also have the third/fourth finger bridge found on most Alpinestars gloves these days. The bridge helps hold the pinkie close to the ring finger which is more sturdy and therefore cuts down on the potential for injury to the delicate smaller pinkie. The leather used in these gloves is a soft goat skin, which is a very popular material for gloves since it does well with abrasion resistance and resists damage from sweat.
I can see these gloves being a very practical choice for the every day street rider who wants a sportier look, but without he bulk and complexity (and cost) of more aggressive designs. :: Paul, 10-12-17