Alpinestars SP-8 V3 Gloves
- New construction for reduced seams and enhanced rider comfort.
- Premium, full-grain goat and synthetic leather construction is comfortable, durable and offers excellent abrasion resistance.
- Extensive perforations and mesh paneling on top hand delivers exceptional levels of airflow and breathability.
- Excellent repeated impact performance is offered by the advanced MotoGP-derived SP dual density knuckle protector.
- Extended cuff for greater coverage with an integrated closure for security and ease of use.
- According to European statutory law the CE mark is a conformity requirement for the marketing of this product. The following standards apply to this product: EN 13594 2015, Level 1 KP.
Read on for more details.
Like most Alpinestars gloves, these gloves run a bit smaller than most glove brands we carry. They are not a lot small and most people can choose the size they normally wear in gloves (especially if a snug fit is preferred). If you are sometimes between sizes, then choose the larger of the two. Hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
The SP-8 V3 Gloves are new for 2021. This “v3” version is an enhanced design from the v2 glove from 2017 and earlier version going back many years. The SP-8 has always been aimed at those that want a nice glove for sport/street or amateur racing, but need to stay under a hundred bucks. Street/sport riders of any kind will enjoy this glove. It is comfortable and sharp looking. This new version shares many of the same features with previous designs, but this year, the glove is made of a combination of leather and synthetic leather and the stitching details have been improved; noticeably so around the fingers. Both men’s and women’s (stella) sizes are available, so please take the link below for the other gender.
I mentioned this glove is available for under a hundred bucks, which is remarkable in my mind considering a good number of protective features found on much more expensive Alpinestars race gloves. Some of the key feature are; 1) a small Velcro close tab at the wrist to secure the gloves on your hand in case of a fall; 2) a sturdy molded knuckle armor unit with nice padding on the back side for comfort; 3) A longer gauntlet with Velcro adjustment for size to work with various jacket sleeve designs (over or under); 4) Extra padding in the heel of the hand with an abrasion resistant cover for extra wear resistance; 5) connection between the pinkie and the fourth finger to help reduce injury to the pinkie.
Overall, a very nice glove and a great value. Choose from three different colors. :: Paul, 08-03-21
Alpinestars says: A universal riding glove bristling with racing DNA, the Stella SP-8 v3 Leather Glove is constructed from highly abrasion resistant, full grain goat leather and synthetic leather, and delivers high levels of protection thanks to its hard knuckle protection. With a pre-shaped finger construction, a hook and loop cuff closure and a new anatomically profiled grip insert on palm and thumb, this glove affords a secure and highly personalized women’s performance riding fit and high levels of movement and comfort.