REVIT Kryptonite 2 GTX Gloves
- GORE-TEX gloves liners are durably waterproof, windproof, and highly breathable. The Gore grip technology uses an innovative layer construction by which they provide better dexterity and tactility for optimum performance.
- Thinsulate® G insulation features large air pockets to trap heat, allowing a garment to remain extremely warm for an extended period of time. The spacious air pockets also allow a garment to remain lightweight and quick to dry.
- This type of insulation mimics the natural insulation properties of animal fur, a high loft construction; containing more air then fiber; it is a type of natural insulation that traps in the heat.
- Flocking is the process of adhering small fibre particles (called flock) onto a surface. This process creates a texture that picks up water.
- PWR|shield is created with a unique knit technique which results in a fabric with unsurpassed cut, tear and abrasion resistance levels. This product is equipped with PWR|shield at the palm.
- The knitted cuffs block wind to keep you warm and comfortable.
- Never take off your gloves again to answer your phone or navigation system. The connect fingertip has been specifically designed to operate touch screens.
- The hook-and-loop adjustment strap at the wrist allows for optimum adjustability and fit when using our gloves. Find the ideal tightness and comfort every time it is used.
Read on for more details.
We find that gloves from REV’IT! are generally very consistent in fit from one model to the next, and we find they run a bit on the snug side as compared to most US based brands. The fit is very similar to Alpinestars which also fit more snugly than other brands of gloves. The tendency to run small is not so noticeable that we’d advise you to buy one size larger, but if you are sometimes in between sizes, your best shot would be to choose larger. Hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
The Kryptonite 2 GTX Gloves from REVIT are a slightly revised version of their glove from two years back with the same “Kryptonite” name. And yes, of course, these are created from the remains of Superman’s native planet of Krypton, and they have detrimental effects on Superman and any other Kryptonian exposed to them. Notable features are waterproof and insulated construction, decent armor on the back of the hand, and compatibility with your cell phone, which is all great for everyday commuting or touring. This version 2 glove is almost indistinguishable from the original glove except for perhaps the fit. With the original, I commented that the finger length was unusually long, but these gloves fit normally. Also, the MSRP is lower at $159.99 (as compared to $189.99 before). Perhaps commodity prices for Krypton are experiencing a market tumble? Who knows, but the glove is no less than top notch and now is a comparative bargain!
Nearly any type of jacket sleeve will work well with this design since the cuff is knitted and fits close to your wrist. Not only will it work well with your jacket, but the close-fit cuff will also effectively keep out drafts too. Notice the little patch of leather on the bottom side of the cuff. You grip that when pulling them on and you won’t stretch out the fabric! Neat touch.
I’d characterize the insulation level as moderate. These gloves will be good for mild to colder days, but maybe not for the coldest days of the winter. The back of the hand on this style is textile and the palm side of the hand is leather. Each glove has a strip of soft fabric (or suede leather, I’m not sure which) down the inside of the index finger so you can wipe your visor.
For motorcycling protection, the Kryptonite 2 GTX has the usual substantial molded protector over the knuckles and then there are some little rectangles of energy absorbing foam built in over the fingers and in the palm area of the hand. And to keep the gloves safely on your hand in case of a fall, there is sturdy Velcro-close strap at the wrist. Overall it is a nice protection package given the gloves lack of bulk.
The waterproofing in the glove is genuine GoreTex, and its the “bonded” kind where the waterproof liner is bonded to the glove’s outer material rather than being an extra layer which results in a more compact design with no slip between the layers… better grip, hence the brand name, Gore Grip.
Like all other REVIT winter gloves, this one is made of quality materials. And the short stretch cuff design on this one is the standout feature. :: Paul, 10-22-20