Alpinestars T-SP W Drystar Gloves
- Sport styled, mid-length cuff glove constructed from stretch polyamide fabric and softshell on the backhand with goat skin on the palm, thumb and sidewall.
- Incorporates Alpinestars waterproof DRYSTAR® PERFORMANCE sealed triple layer construction for a highly reduced material construction that promote dexterity and sensitivity of bike controls.
- PU coated reinforcement zones on thumb and palm for durability.
- Synthetic leather reinforcements with foam padding on the palm and outer hand landing zone to provide abrasion resistance.
- Double hook and loop grip wrist closure system for greater ease of use and comfort.
- Reflective insert makes the rider more visible to other road users.
- Touch screen compatible fingertips for use with smart devices.
- Advanced polymer hard knuckle offers class-leading protection without impairing hand flex or movement.
- Alpinestars patented third and fourth finger bridge to prevent finger protection rolling out of position.
- CE-certified (CAT II Level 1).
Read on for more details.
Like most Alpinestars gloves, these gloves ran a bit smaller than most glove brands we carry. They are not a lot small and most people can choose the size they normally wear in gloves (especially if a snug fit is preferred). If you are sometimes between sizes, then choose the larger of the two. Hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
The T-SP W Drystar Glove offers sport styling in a shorter cuff glove that is more practical for street use. This glove is waterproof with several protection features.
The back side of the hand on this glove is made of a slightly stretchy, abrasion resistant material. The palm side is is a combination of leather and man made leather materials. This glove looks a lot like a race glove with the contrasting strips and very visible knuckle protector. It also has the “bridge” feature between the ring finger and pinkie which is an Alpinestars staple in all their race gloves. The bridge is a safety feature designed to help protect the fragile pinkie from damage in a fall by anchoring it to the ring finger for some support.
The waterproofing material in this glove is Alpinestar’s own Drystar brand. It is the bonded kind where the waterproof layer is bonded to the underside of the glove’s shell rather than being a separate layer. Being bonded improves the fit and cuts the bulk.
Other nice features are the capacative touch pad on the index finger so you can operate your phone and also reflective striping on the back of the hand for night time visibility. This will be a great glove for sport street riders who appreciate the sport styling but would like something that is waterproof and more comfortable than a full-on race glove. :: Paul, 09-20-18
Alpinestars says: A sport riding glove constructed from advanced stretch textile and softshell, the CE-certified T-SP W DRYSTAR® Glove is waterproof and breathable. With class-leading knuckle protection and a leather palm for comfort and control, this glove is ideal for performance riding.