Alpinestars Cafe Divine Drystar Glove
Forming part of the OSCAR by Alpinestars heritage collection the Café Divine DRYSTAR® Glove is constructed from a full leather chassis which incorporates both a thermal lining plus Alpinestars DRYSTAR® PERFORMANCE waterproof and breathable membrane for excellent all-weather capabilities.
- Luxurious, full leather glove in the OSCAR by Alpinestars range with ‘heritage’ design styling.
- Ergonomic stretch insert between thumb and palm and wrist offers flexibility to vastly improve hand movement.
- PU-coated reinforcements on palm and thumb provides superior grip on bike’s controls.
- Synthetic suede reinforcements with foam padding on the outer hand landing zone to provide abrasion resistance on key impact zones.
- Accordion leather stretch inserts on fingers and backhand for mobility.
- Thinsulate thermal insulation (80g) for excellent cold weather performance.
- Incorporates Alpinestars’ waterproof and breathable DRYSTAR® PERFORMANCE sealed triple layer construction for a highly reduced material construction to promote dexterity and sensitivity of bike controls.
- Hook and loop grip closure wrist adjuster with OSCAR by Alpinestars customized detailed button.
- Alpinestars’ newly developed soft viscoelastic PU foam compound knuckle guard which is ergonomically profiled for performance, comfort and impact absorption. Knuckle is leather covered for durability.
- Touch screen compatible fingertips for use with smartphones and GPS systems.
- CAFÉ DIVINE DRYSTAR® GLOVE is CE certified level 1.
Read on for more details.
The fit of Alpinestars gloves are very consistent from one model to the next. And overall, they fit a bit small as compared to other brands we carry such as FirstGear, Tour Master, etc. It’s not enough to recommend that you buy a larger size (especially if a snug fit is preferred) but it is noticeable enough to say that if you are sometimes between sizes, then you should probably choose the larger of the two. Hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
These Cafe Divine gloves are really sharp. The leather materials are obviously higher end, and the colors and styling look great with some of the high end gear we sell from Alpinestars, Kilm and REVIT. These just have that “look” that has become popular in the last few years. This is a fully insulated glove with a waterproof liner which will perform well in mild to cold weather and/or wet weather.
We don’t offer a lot of gloves that offer good crash protection in a waterproof/insulated design, but these have a good amount. For starters, the glove is made of reasonably thick leather and there is extra reinforcement in the palm and the side of the gauntlet which are both damage prone areas in a crash. And the knuckles on these gloves have a good deal of armor built in. Its not a hard plastic protector, but something that feels somewhere in between a hard piece and the softest foam. I like they way it feels, and with the leather covering it, it isn’t too racy in style.
Other nice little things… the wrist strap Velcro is the non-snag kind so they won’t eat up your shirts and pocket liners and the thumb and forefinger have conductive material so you can manipulate your phone or other gadgets. :: Paul, 10-09-17