Alpinestars Belize Drystar Glove
A multi-material road riding glove featuring Alpinestars DRYSTAR® PERFORMANCE sealed membrane for waterproofing and sensitivity on the bike’s control, the Belize Glove incorporates a matte carbon knuckle guard for class-leading protection. With an innovative new wrist closure for safely securing the glove, the Belize offers optimized levels of comfort, performance and protection.
- Multi-panel, multi-material construction consisting of stretch polyamide fabric, leather and perforated leather on backhand.
- Incorporates Alpinestars’ waterproof DRYSTAR® PERFORMANCE sealed triple layer construction for a highly reduced material construction to promotes dexterity and sensitivity of bike controls.
- Ergonomic stretch insert between thumb and palm offers flexibility to vastly improve hand movement.
- Leather palm, thumb and fourchettes for comfort and durability.
- Localized perforations on backhand and palm for comfort and airflow.
- PU-coated reinforcements on palm and thumb provides superior grip on bike’s controls.
- Synthetic suede reinforcements with padding on the palm.
- TPU palm and finger sliders to provide abrasion resistance on key impact zones.
- Alpinestars’ new wrist closure system with stretch webbing strap for tight closure.
- Reflective print to increase rider visibility.
- Touch screen compatible fingertips for use with smart devices.
- Molded matt carbon reinforced hard knuckle to increase protection.
- Stretch accordion inserts on finger tips and backhand to increase flexibility and fit.
- Alpinestars developed ergonomic stretch insert between thumb and palm offers flexibility to vastly improve hand movement.
- ARSHIELD reinforcements, consisting of aramid fiber and polyamide for abrasion resistance performance for fourth finger.
- Large stretch panel on backhand for better fit and improved comfort to help reduce fatigue.
- BELIZE DRYSTAR® GLOVE is CE certified level 1.
Read on for more details.
Like most Alpinestars gloves, these gloves run a bit smaller than most glove brands we carry. Having some substantial armor and a waterproof liner makes this one fit more snug than most Alpinestars gloves, therefore I’d recommend you buy one size larger than you normally buy in most brands (other than Alpinestars). If you are sometimes between sizes, then choose the larger of the two.
Hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
The Belize Drystar gloves offer a very protective glove in a waterproof design with styling and materials that will appeal to those involved in adventure riding and other off road riding. The look of the gloves comes from a fairly complex combination of materials… textile, leather, the molded plastic protecors and reflective materials. the two color choices tracking the overall styling of popular jacket/pants from Alpinestars, Klim and REVIT. They definitely have that “look” about them.
These gloves feel substantial and have very good main protection features. Aside from being made of reasonably thick leather, these gloves are equipped with a race-quality molded knuckle protector and a hard plastic palm sliders. Both these features are comparable to those you find on race gloves.
The cuff design is somewhere between a short cuff and a long cuff. The cuff is cut narrow to fit against your wrist so these will work with a “regular” jacket sleeve that would have enough room for the cuff to go under. The won’t work well with a jacket with a tight cuff like you find in a race jacket. The closure at the wrist is made comfortable with a Velcro closure with a stretch wrist band.
Other nice little things… the wrist strap Velcro is the non-snag kind so they won’t eat up your shirts and pocket liners and the thumb and forefinger have conductive material so you can manipulate your phone or other gadgets. The gloves also have nice reflectives on the top of the hand. Have a look at our photo album to see how those look in our “night shots”. :: Paul, 10-12-17