Alpinestars Megawatt Glove (SOLD OUT)
A durable off-road glove that features a hard-knuckle protector, the Megawatt Glove is perfect for motocross or enduro riding. Packed with reinforcements and constructed with premium materials this glove offers excellent comfort and performance features.
- Top hand constructed from perforated leather and stretch polyamide for optimum levels of comfort, durability and breathability.
- Durable and hard-wearing synthetic suede on palm and thumb.
- Reinforced thumb and palm for durability and comfort.
- Alpinestars’ unique polymer hard-knuckle protector for superior impact and abrasion resistance.
- Suede reinforcements with foam padding on the palm provide abrasion resistance in key impact zones.
- Thumb and palm reinforcement for a superior grip.
- Pre-curved finger construction reduces rider fatigue and offers improved comfort.
- Silicon printing on finger tips to improve grip against the bar.
- Hook and loop grip cuff closure for easy glove entry and secure closure.
Check out these similar products:
The fit of Alpinestars gloves are very consistent from one model to the next. And overall, they fit a bit small as compared to other brands we carry such as FirstGear, Tour Master, etc. It’s not enough to recommend that you buy a larger size (especially if a snug fit is preferred) but it is noticeable enough to say that if you are sometimes between sizes, then you should probably choose the larger of the two. Hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
Alpinestars has come out with this new version of the Megawatt called the S8 Megawatt. The original Megawatt was sold as a street glove, but the new version is now advertised as an off road or enduro glove. I think the level of protection in this glove is MUCH better than the average off road glove and is actually a bit better than minimalist street gloves.
I sometimes complaint about very lightweight gloves like this as being without significant protection, but these gloves feel more substantial than most. The knuckle guard is especially robust, but comfortable at the same time. The palm area is mostly synthetic suede which is a good material for a glove, and parts of the back of the hand and the areas between the fingers are meshy/stretchy material. Those fabric areas will flow lots of air and therefore you’ll like these gloves from mild to hot weather.
The cuffs are made just a bit longer than some so it makes them a bit easier to pull on. And another little nice touch is that the Velcro used to secure the cuff at your wrist is the kind where the “hook” part doesn’t latch onto other fabrics aggressively. The lower palm and the side of the hand are lightly padded.
Overall, a very nice, lightweight glove, and one that has passable protection features for the street and much better-than-average protection for off-road use. :: Paul, 10-10-17