SAS-TEC Armor For Cortech Apparel
Available SAS-TEC® Armor for Cortech Jeans These high tech SAS-TEC® armor inserts offer progressive absorption that enables the armor to reduce the transmittance of impact energy to a rider’s body. SAS-TEC® is designed and engineered in Stuttgart, Germany for Cortech.
- SAS-TEC® body armor utilizes a 3-D molded construction allowing the armor to conform better to the body, increasing comfort.
- Features “Adaptive Absorption” – the foam’s cells are imbedded with air, provoking a progressive absorption behavior. The greater the impact, the greater the resistance of the foam grows.
- The viscoelastic foam with memory effect used in SAS-TEC® armor allows for maximum flexibility and provides outstanding shock absorption values and allows armor to return to its natural shape.
- Larger surface areas allow more efficient dissipation of applied force, reducing the impact of energy to the body.
- Ventilation openings increase the breathability when installed in garment.
- Protectors are lightweight, making them almost unnoticeable while wearing your riding attire.
- At less than 1% absorption, protectors are hand washable.
- Elbow and Knee are CE Level-2 certified protectors surpass the required values of EN 1621-1:2012
- Hip armor is CE Level-1 certified protectors surpass the required values of EN 1621-1:2012 by approximately 30% to 40%.
- Knee Armor with Velcro® units are made to fit pants that have Velcro inside the armor pocket to secure the armor in place inside the pocket. This includes The Standard and The Primary Riding Jeans from Cortech
Hip Armor is designed to be used in Cortech apparel with pockets for installing the hip armor.
The Elbow or Knee Armor piece is for use in either pants (as knee armor) or jackets (as elbow armor) with pockets to hold the armor in place.
The Knee Armor with Velcro® units are made to fit pants that have Velcro inside the armor pocket to secure the armor in place inside the pocket.
Our Two Cents
This group of SAS-TEC armor is sold through our Tour Master/Cortech supplier for use in their gear.