AGV Sport Laguna One Piece Suit (Just Three Left in Larger Sizes)
- 1.2mm (body) to 1.4mm (impact areas) premium, top-grain leather construction for optimum protection, durability and comfort
- Removable and washable mesh liner
- CE approved dual-density knee, shoulder and elbow protectors
- 8mm thick memory foam back protector
- Extra padding is also provided in the tail bone, shoulders and hip areas
- Molded plastic air vents are positioned on the shoulders and sides of the suit
- External titanium shoulder caps
- Perforated chest, belly, upper legs, front of lower legs and front of upper arms for maximum cooling on hot race days
- Moisture wicking neoprene is used in the collar and cuffs for maximum rider comfort
- Aerodynamic and protective vented back hump
- Pre-curved arms for a perfect look, fit and for maximum riding comfort
- Reflective features are used on the rear of the suit for safety
- Multiple stitched main seam construction for maximum tear resistance
- World famous YKK zippers
- Extra long zipper pull is used on the 2-way main zipper
- Teramid Kevlar fabric is used in the crotch and under the arms for maximum comfort
- Pleated leather panels are used in multiple locations for the finest non-binding fit possible
- A lighter yet durable nylon fabric is used behind the knees and rear calf area
- Equipped with replaceable knee pucks
Please Note: We cannot ship AGV Sports products to Canada, Italy or Russia (per manufacturer’s restrictions).
Below is AGV’s chart for race suits. We checked the suits against the chart and they measured out as the chart indicates. But if you’ll notice the chest sizes listed are smaller than the actual measured chest which means the suits run small as compared to their stated size. Just use the chart to select a size based upon your chest and/or waist. And in doing that, you’ll be buying a suit about one size larger than you would buy in a men’s suit coat or other chest-sized product.
About the overall fit: Higher end one piece suits are cut to be a tight fit and they are “pre-curved” to a great degree so that they fit best when in a riding/race position. The Laguna fits like this… AGV calls it “race tight fit”. So if you use our advice above to select a size you’ll get the race tight fit. If you want a more comfortable fit (for sport street use as an example), buy a size larger than even their chart shows (which would be two sizes larger than most other brands of suits). Fit tip: When you evaluate the fit of a suit like this, do so while in a riding position. A suit like this isn’t very comfortable when standing up or with arms down or up over your head.
|Size||Chest (in)||Waist (in)||Sleeve (in)||Inseam (in)|
Our Two Cents
Here is a closeout you’ll only find at MotorcycleGear.com. We bought all remaining inventory in this suit so take advantage of the savings while they remain. Our product review: The Laguna One Piece Race Suit is AGV Sport’s high end leather suit. The one piece construction ensures the ultimate suit integrity in case of a fall. The Laguna should work well in warmer weather, thanks to the generous amount of perforations on the front. A good portion of the torso, upper legs, and arms are perforated on the front of the suit. There are also molded air scoops on the shoulders, and the back hump is ventilated too. Moisture wicking neoprene is used at the sleeve cuffs and in the collar. The suit is pre-curved for the riding position, and the inner arms and crotch use a Teramid Kevlar material rather than leather. This material is much thinner than leather, is stretchy, somewhat breathable, and much more comfortable in these areas that require some flexibility. The calves and back of the knees have an even thinner, stretchy material for comfort. Leather stretch panels are found at the knees, lower back, elbows and shoulders which really helps with mobility. Protection is definitely very good in the Laguna suit. You get the typical CE armor in the shoulders, elbows, and knees, as well as memory foam padding at the back and hips. All of that armor is removable, as is the washable mesh liner which zips in. In addition to the removable armor, there is built in padding at the back near the shoulder blades and tailbone, and in front where the helmet would impact your collarbone. The speed hump also helps with protection by providing a bridge between the back of the helmet and your back in a fall. Without the hump your head can be forced forward, injuring the neck. The Laguna includes knee sliders as well which attach with the typical Velcro patch. The body of the suit is 1.2mm top-grain leather, and the impact areas get extra thick 1.4mm leather to help provide some extra protection. We have taken photos of all of these features, so be sure to click the “View Larger Images” link above to take a look.
Note on pricing of the white suits: I marked the white color suits down a bit lower than the other colors. There is a very slight yellowing of the white leather around some of the seams and integrated armor pieces of this suit. This is nothing particularly new… we see it a lot with white leather a few years or more after they are first manufactured. There is some incompatibility between the white dye in the leather and the foam and/or seam glue used during assembly that causes this. It is definitely not a big deal and wouldn’t matter to most people, but if I didn’t mention it, we’d have some folks who’d call us on it. So a slight discount will make you think “patina” rather than “yellowing”. The other color suits are not affected. :: Paul, 07-03-13
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
Great suit, great fit. Haven't been able to ride in it yet due to the cold weather we've been having. It does look like it'll be a great suit for the warmer weather, lots of generous perforations, and a couple of vents that weren't mentioned in ... (Read more...)