FirstGear Splash Rain Pants - 2011
- Waterproof/breathable shell made of 210 denier nylon taffeta
- Full elastic waist for a flexible fit
- Cargo pocket on right thigh with envelope closure
- Articulated knees for comfort in the riding position
- Knee-high side zip over a waterproof/breathable solid gusset for easy on/off
- Heat-resistant material on inner calf
- Stuff sack integrated inside the pant against the back waist for easy storage in minimum space
You’d want to buy this pant in the size you’d normally buy men’s clothes. The pants are made slightly taller and larger than standard with the idea you’d be able to wear them over pants without having to choose a larger-than-normal size. The chart below gives an estimate of actual measured size. As you can see, the waist on the pants is HIGHLY variable, but it might help to choose a size so that your waist is well in the middle of the range.
|Size||Waist Relaxed||Waist Stretched||Inseam|
Our Two Cents
The 2011 Splash pants match the 2011 Splash jacket to form a good two piece rain suit. The Splash pants are very simple in design, and are quick and easy to put on if you’re caught in a sudden rain shower. Lower leg zippers make it easy to get your boots through, and the highly elastic waist allows for quick ingress and egress. The inner calves are protected with heat resistant material to prevent the pants from melting on hot engines and exhaust. A cargo pocket with a storm flap is found on the right thigh, and there is an integrated storage pouch in the back of the pants. Simply fold the pants into this pouch and you are ready to put them back in your bags. There is even a small pants symbol on the pouch so you don’t mix them up with the jacket. The inside of these pants is lined with a nylon mesh material which should keep you comfortable. To see some pictures we took here in our studio, click the “View Larger Images” link above.