Alpinestars Quick Seal Out Two Piece Rainsuit
- Constructed from waterproof and breathable material with taped seams providing 100% water-tightness
- Dual front flap design helps seal elements out
- High profile neck for extended material coverage
- High-cut waist provides extended overlapping between jacket and pants for extra weather protection
- Volume adjusters on the collar, ribs, waist and ankles give a close fit and prevent excessive flapping at speed
- Elasticized cuffs keep the jacket and pants well fitted
- Strategically placed reflective details for enhanced rider visibility
- Product stows away in a convenient carry bag
Pick the size you normally wear in men’s clothing. You can also reference Alpinestars sizing chart to help you choose an alpha size based upon height, chest, etc. The suit is size large enough to wear over riding gear so there is no need to choose larger than your normal size to wear over gear.
Our Two Cents
Well, two words come to mind when comparing this Quick Seal Out rainsuit to others we sell: bright and light (weight that is). I donned the yellow color suit to take a few studio shots for you (take the View Larger Images link above), and man is that suit BRIGHT! And as for the “light” comment… I can tell you that the material is different (slightly) from other suits we sell, but not EXACTLY sure what it is. It feels like a cross between nylon (like is used by Firstgear in many of their suits) and the Tyvek-like material used in Frogg Toggs, but a thinner version of both. Anyway, being thin, the suit packs into a really small storage pouch (we’ve got a shot of that in our photo gallery). The volume is about half that of a very good quality nylon suit. This is a brand new product (as of this writing), so we don’t have any feedback as to durability, but if I had to guess, I’d say this suit should be great for occasional use/emergency use, but it probably wouldn’t hold up to frequent use. Breathable? Hmmm, well, it didn’t feel all that breathable under the studio lights, but Alpinestars is not one to make false claims so I bet it is more breathable than the inexpensive totally non-breathable PVC suits that are not a whole lot cheaper. It has the usual rainsuit features… adjusters at the waist for both the jacket and pants and some Velcro at the pant leg ends to accommodate your boots. Like I said, just take the “View Larger Images” link above and take a look at the photos of those various features and see for yourself how small the storage pouch is. :: Paul, 07-29-12
PS: The factory image of the suit shows the Yellow to be yellow, but it is more toward lime green fluorescent. Our studio pictures do it more justice than their pics.