River Road Scout-Tex Pants
- Removable, insulated, full length liner keeps out the cold
- Protection comes from CE-approved armor in the knees and upgradable EVA foam armor in the hips
- Reflective tape on the front and back provides increased nighttime visibility
- Leg openings feature full-length zippers for easy on/easy off
- Power stretch panels at the knee and waist offer increased mobility
- Adjustable waist with hook-and-loop closure provides a more precise fit
- 2 front hand pockets and 2 front cargo pockets offer plenty of storage space
- Jacket-to-pant zipper attachment system connects to the Scout-Tex Jacket
- Includes a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
Read on for more details.
I measured a selection of these pants and found that the waist size runs smaller than stated. For example in a 38 waist pant, the actual measurement of the pants was about 36”. Normally in an overpant style like this, the pants will be bigger than stated, not smaller! Anyway, I’d suggest you measure yourself over the clothing you might typically wear under an overpant like this. Make the measurement up a bit higher than normal jeans might ride because these are higher waist pants. Then choose one size larger than your measurement. That means, for most people, they’ll probably wind up choosing two sizes larger than their normal jean size (on account of vanity sizing in jeans, a bit of a belly and because they are undersized to begin with).
Our Two Cents
These Scout-Tex pants feel pretty nice. You’ll appreciate them in colder weather because they have a very plushy built in liner. The liner can be removed of course for mild or even warmer weather, but these pants are a solid textile and they won’t flow air, so find something else for summer. Let’s face it, no one pant can hit all four seasons very well. If they can, you’ll need a PhD in mechanical engineering to take them apart and put them back together! (Don’t get me started). These pants have long side zippers which help you put them on and take them off on the side of the road, in your office, etc, so you don’t need to find a changing room to use them! The material used is heavy duty and feels like it will last a long time There is a short rear zipper to attach these pants to the rear of River Road jackets (the ones that have a compatible zipper that is). There are other little features you’ll want to check out so take the “Images” link above and tip toe through our photo gallery. Overall a very nice pant that feels rugged for not much money. :: Paul, 03-15-13