FirstGear HT Air Overpants - 2011
- Overpant is sized to fit over your clothes; simply buy the size you normally wear
- Mesh-Tex construction made of 600 denier poly and 250 denier mesh
- Waterproof/breathable zip-out liner that is a standalone pant
- Adjustable CE armor in the knees
- Padded hip protectors
- Articulated knee and seat for maximum riding comfort
- 2 front pockets
- 2 pass-through openings for access to inner pant
- 2/3 length side zip for easy on/off
- Adjustable side waist tabs for a custom fit
- Heat-resistant material on inner calf
- Side reflective panels for nighttime visibility
- 10” conjunction zipper for jacket connection
- A stand-alone pant that can be worn as a destination pant
- Made of waterproof/breathable nylon
- 2/3 length side zip for easy on/off
- Adjustable waist using hook-and-loop side tabs
- Articulated knee and seat for maximum comfort
- Easily connect to the outer pant by a full circumference waist zipper and leg snaps
15 Percent Off Just For The Holidays! Right now prices are adjusted down to 15% off MSRP on ALL non-closeout FirstGear and Speed and Strength products through January 14th! Special pricing is in addition to Free Shipping and Loyalty Gift Cards (if applicable).
Read on for more details.
These pants are made to be worn over street clothes; the sizing of the waist includes enough room to go over clothing, so you’d want to buy the size pants you normally would buy. For inseam they are offered in both short and tall versions, so you can consult the chart to pick the best inseam.
|Size||Regular Inseam Length||Tall Inseam Length||Short Inseam Length|
|34||31 3/4”||34”||29 1/2”|
|38||32 1/4”||35 1/2”||30 1/2”|
|40||32 1/2”||36”||30 1/2”|
Our Two Cents
Wow, FirstGear made some major improvements to the HT Air Overpants for 2011. Most notable is the CE approved knee armor and foam hip pads, both of which are positionable within the pant for a custom fit. In the past, FirstGear has only offered foam padding for the knees in this model. Another very nice improvement is the addition of a pant liner that has its own pockets and waist adjustment, which allows them to be worn independently as a light windbreaker type pant. This innovative feature is a clever way to cut down on the amount of luggage needed when packing for a trip. As far as mesh pants go, the HT Air Overpants are definitely one of the better options out there. Heat resistant material on the lower legs prevents the pants from melting on hot engines and exhaust, and reflective material is used on the upper and lower legs for night-time visibility. Full length leg zippers make it easy to get the pants on and off. For storage, the HT Air Overpants have two regular zippered pockets in front, as well as zippered reach through openings which allow you to access your jeans pockets or the pockets built into the pants liner. This cleaver feature means you won’t have to transfer your belongings from your jeans to your riding pants and back again – great for commuters. In addition to the adjustments on the liner, there are external belt adjustments on the HT Air Overpants as well. These provide enough adjustment to compensate for what you are wearing underneath, or if you happen to be between sizes. We have taken several photos of the HT Air Overpants here in our studio, so be sure to click the “View Larger Images” link above to take a look.
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
It took 15 years, but I finally have a pair of pants! Motorcycle pants, that is. With an upcoming trip, though short, I really wanted to get a pair of overpants that I could use for bike trips, and for covering my dress pants for work. (Read more...)
The pants fit great.I ordered exactly the same size as my regular clothing.Can't wait to go riding and see how they perform.I'm 6'4& 280lbs Thanxs for the great deals.stefanP