Alpinestars GP Plus Leather Pants
- Constructed from premium 1.3mm full-grain leather
- Contoured, lightweight mesh calf cuffs
- Multiple-stitched main seam construction for maximum tear resistance
- Alpinestars one-piece, CE approved GP-R knee/shin protectors feature a floating construction for precise fit
- Accordion leather knees flex zones
- Stretch waist bands and sliding hook waist closure offer precise fit
- Internal lining with stretch panels inserts and outer stretch zones for enhanced fit
- Waist connection zipper allows attachment to selected Alpinestars leather and textile jackets
- Integrated coccyx (tailbone) and hip protection zones with PE foam padding
- Alpinestars PU Sport knee sliders
Read on for more details.
Use the chart below to pick the pant size for you. The pants are sold in European sizes, and Alpinestars tags the pant with their estimate of US waist size, but we find the pants to run MUCH smaller so we’ve listed our estimate of the US waist sizes.
|Our Estimate of
How to choose inseam: In a track pant such as this, the overall measured inseam doesn’t mean much as compared to a normal jean’s inseam. The pants are cut to end above the ankle bone since they will be tucked into racing boots. And these pants have a design that has the bottom of the pant ending WELL above the ankle bone, as to not interfere with wearing the taller race boots. My advice for inseam would be to buy the “regular” inseam if you normally wear regular length jeans. Likewise if you normally buy tall pants or jeans with a longer-than-average inseam, then choose the long pants, and there is also a short version for those that have a shorter-than-average inseam.
Our Two Cents
The GP Plus pants are Alpinestars latest version of the race leather pant. Our review: The GP Plus pants are not too much unlike past leather sport pants from Alpinestars although this year, they introduce tall and short inseams to offer an option that will satisfy most people’s frame. These pants offer very good protection and quality construction. Along with the normal features you would expect, these pants offer some nice comfort features. There is a stretch material at the crotch and accordion stretch panels over the knee for comfort and mobility. The CE approved knee/shin armor is very substantial and extends well below the knee. It is articulated so that it flexes and stays in place in a tuck position. The pants also include a pair of foam hip pads for added protection. A full circumference zipper allows you to attach the pants to Alpinestars jackets. You do get the mating half of the zipper so you could adapt these pants to a different brand jacket by having a tailor replace the zipper in your jacket with the one supplied with the pants. When attached to a leather sport jacket these pants would work well as the bottom half to a nice two piece suit. Another little feature you will appreciate is the hook-type steel clasp at the waist. It is more secure than a large snap (like many other designs have), and it effectively takes the tension off the fly zipper which extends its life. Removable/replaceable knee sliders are included. Take the “View Larger Images” link above for some good pictures of the pants and the armor.