Alpinestars Track Pants - 2011
- Sport riding pants suitable for track and street use
- 1.3 mm full-grain leather
- Perforated leather panel inserts
- Accordion leather stretch zones improve flexibility
- Extended rear waist construction
- Ergonomically placed stretch Kevlar® panels
- Patented calf expansion pockets improve range of fit
- Multiple-stitched main seam construction for maximum tear resistance
- Inner mesh lining with stretch panel inserts work with outer stretch zones for a snug fit
- Internally reinforced seat area
- Removable CE certified GP protectors in the knees
- Foam padding built into the hip area
- Internal waist connection zipper for attaching to riding jackets
- Alpinestars’ replaceable Sport knee sliders
- YKK® Semi Auto Lock zippers
Read on for more details.
Use the chart below to pick the pant size for you. The pants are sold in European sizes, and Alpinestars tags the pant with their estimate of US waist size, but we find the pants to run small so we’ve listed our estimate of the US waist sizes. Don’t be thrown off by the inseam lengths listed. When comparing these lengths to jeans you buy, keep in mind that sport pants are only designed to go to the ankle bone, so if you normally buy a 32 or 33 inseam in jeans, a 30 or 31” inseam in sport pants will work for you.
|Our Estimate of
Our Two Cents
Once you have the sizing figured out (see our advice above), the Track Leather Sport Pants will make a great complement to a leather jacket to form a nice two piece suit. CE approved armor for the knees as well as Velcro attached knee sliders are included. Alpinestars logos on the thighs are padded, and the 1.3mm full grain leather should provide good abrasion protection. For warmer weather, the Track Leather Sport Pants have perforations in the upper leg on both the front and back, as well as on the lower leg. The lower leg features two zippers. One is your basic entry zipper that opens the leg and makes it easier to get the pants on and off, while the other is a calf expansion zipper. Those of you with big calves will appreciate the extra room this feature gives you. Stretch panels are used above the knees, and a Kevlar stretch fabric is used at the crotch and behind the knees as well. We have taken several pictures of these pants here in our studio. To see them, just click the “View Larger Images” link above.