FirstGear Mesh Tex Pants - 2011
- Sized to be worn as a standalone pant for warm weather rides
- Made of 250 denier poly mesh for maximum ventilation
- Adjustable CE armor in the knees
- Padded hip protectors
- 2 front pockets with zip closure to secure your valuables
- 2 back pockets with hook-and-loop closure
- Right side thigh pocket with zip closure
- Heavy-duty elastic waist panel for a snug fit
- Heat-resistant material on inner calf
- Side reflective panels for nighttime visibility
- Ankle to lower knee side zip
- 10” conjunction zipper for jacket connection
These pants are running 1” to 2” smaller than the stated waist sizes. My advice would be that if you are between sizes then choose up, but if you are typically only one size in pants, then choose one size larger than you normally would. Example, if you normally buy either a 36 or 38, then a 38 should work. If you are always a 38, then buy a 40.
Inseam lengths listed below are reasonably accurate.
|Size||Regular Inseam Length||Tall Inseam Length||Short Inseam Length|
|38||33”||35 1/2”||30 1/2”|
Our Two Cents
The Mesh-Tex Pants have long been a very popular option for riders who need a no-nonsense summer riding pant. They are now better than ever with CE approved armor for the knees which is height adjustable (previous versions had thin foam knee pads). There are also foam hip pads to further protect you in a crash. The Mesh-Tex pants do not have much in the way of adjustments, but they have stretch panels at the sides for some flexibility in sizing. Lower leg expansion zippers make it easier to get them over your boots, and there is a reflective stripe along the lower leg as well for some night-time visibility. The knees are reinforced with solid textile and are nice and roomy for comfort while on the bike. Heat resistant material is used on the lower calves to prevent the pants from being damaged by hot engines and exhaust. For storage, there are two front pockets, two rear pockets, and a zippered side pocket on the right thigh. We have taken several photos of the Mesh-Tex pants in our studio, so be sure to click the “View Larger Images” link above to take a look.